LuckyChic.com

MelZaho

Jan 7, 2008
I purchased a gift card for Anthropologie there on February 2nd and still haven't received it. I have called and emailed, and it took my using someone else's phone today to get a response. It was like they were blocking my call! I kept getting a "Our representatives are all busy, but please leave a message" message, and then when I tried calling with a different phone, they answered immediately! They said it was shipped today, but they've said that so many times that I won't know until it comes. I couldn't believe it hadn't already been shipped! Were they expecting me to forget I paid for it?

They are also really unprofessional and were getting angry at me, saying they had made multiple orders on my behalf, but my address would not be accepted by Anthropologie's computer. This is pretty ridiculous because I have gotten orders direct from Anthropologie many times. They also shouldn't have yelled at me because even if they did have to make multiple orders, it's not my fault.

I thought their idea was really interesting, but the customer service is just horrible!

I thought it was too good to be true as well. But I bid won and received all my gift cards. Yes, shipping is slow but it also states that on the site. It also states they can take two weeks to process.
When I used them at the stores there were no problems or questions asked.
Considering my rate of return I am more than satisfied.

Each bid costs $0.60. You can only raise the price by $0.10 for each bid. If a $150 GC sells for $40, then that means 400 bids were placed. They made $240 off just that one GC. So even if other GCs aren't selling for that much, they make up their money on the more popular ones. You end up spending more money too than just the $40 you paid for the GC depending on how many bids you placed.

I don't really like their bidding system because each time you bid, that adds 20 seconds to the clock. This means you could be sitting at the auction for FOREVER! The end times are never really when the auction ends unless no one else bids. It's a good deal for the GCs that aren't as popular though.

finzup

Easily tempted
O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
swoopo, and oohilove are two other sites with similar models.

It's genius really - they are making money like crazy.

juicygrl41

Feb 14, 2008
NYC
Each bid costs $0.60. You can only raise the price by $0.10 for each bid. If a $150 GC sells for $40, then that means 400 bids were placed. They made $240 off just that one GC. So even if other GCs aren't selling for that much, they make up their money on the more popular ones. You end up spending more money too than just the $40 you paid for the GC depending on how many bids you placed.

I don't really like their bidding system because each time you bid, that adds 20 seconds to the clock. This means you could be sitting at the auction for FOREVER! The end times are never really when the auction ends unless no one else bids. It's a good deal for the GCs that aren't as popular though.

Wow they are making money hand over fist. All I could think of when I read about this website is who knows if there is any money on these giftcards. I know that is a big problem on Ebay and I can't see what would prevent this website from selling empty or already used giftcards.

baglady2007

Jun 1, 2007
MidWest
It seem funny that if you look at who wins auctions, it's often the same users. It does flag whether the site is legit or they are just bidding against the rest of us and racking up $.60 each time we bid.