"Lucky" nail polish colors?

Style_Baby

O.G.
Nov 2, 2006
This might be a silly question, but do any of you have "lucky" nail polish colors? Is there a color/colors that you've worn and had something amazing happen to you?

I don't have any with good memories as of yet, but I do have the OPPOSITE problem: I absolutely cannot wear Essie's Mademoiselle, as much as I want to... It's happened three times that I have been wearing it when something unfortunate happens. The first two times were job interviews I didn't get and the third time I was stood up for a phone date.

I'm not usually superstitious, but I wonder about other peoples' experiences...

I got engaged when I wore OPI Smokin in Havana. But I don't know if that counts because I had a feeling it was going to happen, so I wanted to wear some nice NP. LOL

What a great question! I look fwd to reading about everyone's lucky lacquers! I tend to have good days when I'm wearing Essie Masquerade Belle-- it's a gorgeous deep red. I'm sure it affects my mood, which in turn probably makes me perform better.

Yay! Can't wait to read more responses.
Coronita - SO Special! Engagement polishes... what'd you wear on your wedding???
Tygerkitty - *takes note of Zoya Harley*
Lulu - Beautiful color!
Zoomie - It's true that mood affects performance... And I feel like we mostly wear polish for ourselves.

After proof-reading this morning, I caught that it's actually Essie's Allure that has such bad vibes for me (and I really wanted to like it after hearing that the former Ms. Middleton wore it on her wedding day). Alas, it's up to me to make my own polish moods now...

Yay! Can't wait to read more responses.
Coronita - SO Special! Engagement polishes... what'd you wear on your wedding???
Tygerkitty - *takes note of Zoya Harley*
Lulu - Beautiful color!
Zoomie - It's true that mood affects performance... And I feel like we mostly wear polish for ourselves.

After proof-reading this morning, I caught that it's actually Essie's Allure that has such bad vibes for me (and I really wanted to like it after hearing that the former Ms. Middleton wore it on her wedding day). Alas, it's up to me to make my own polish moods now...

I'm not married. yet. :smile: My wedding is this coming November, so I'm not sure. I don't want french, so it might be some kind of neutral.

China Glaze- First Mate. I love the color and I wore it my first week of back to school and everything went really well. I guess not so much lucky, but definitely a comforting color to look at on my nails. Maybe I need to give myself a mani in this color before I head back for the spring semester in January!

Whenever I wore a glitter bomb mani (OPI Absolutely Alice, Bring on the Bling and more recently Rainbow Connection) to my university exams it resulted in a distinction or higher for my final mark! I think the sparkle must've inspired the mind. :smile:

Whenever I wore a glitter bomb mani (OPI Absolutely Alice, Bring on the Bling and more recently Rainbow Connection) to my university exams it resulted in a distinction or higher for my final mark! I think the sparkle must've inspired the mind. :smile:

Great call on the sparkle! A "cousin" of OPI Rainbow Connection (Milani Gems) is another of my lucky laquers. It never fails to make me smile & in public, often attracts fun people who are attracted to shiny things :smile:

Note to self find and wear glitter bomb nail polish to my macroeconomics exam so I will pass LOL!