• Keep it!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Return it!

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

CU418

O.G.
Feb 28, 2013
IMG_3963.JPG I recently received my lucky charms WOC on Saturday and I'm debating on whether or not to keep it. I love the aged calfskin and the charms as well as the fact that while it's a fun bag, it's more discreet since it doesn't have any highly visible Chanel logos. I really hate the fact that it doesn't have a working turn lock. I mean honestly what's the point of that?! I also don't like the fact that the chain is so long (although this can be altered). Part of me wants to return it but I feel like I'll regret it if I do. I've looked at other WOC's but they don't appeal to me as much as this one. What do you guys think I should do?

Reactions: Prettyn
View attachment 3663426 I recently received my lucky charms WOC on Saturday and I'm debating on whether or not to keep it. I love the aged calfskin and the charms as well as the fact that while it's a fun bag, it's more discreet since it doesn't have any highly visible Chanel logos. I really hate the fact that it doesn't have a working turn lock. I mean honestly what's the point of that?! I also don't like the fact that the chain is so long (although this can be altered). Part of me wants to return it but I feel like I'll regret it if I do. I've looked at other WOC's but they don't appeal to me as much as this one. What do you guys think I should do?

for the higher price point i thought it DID have a working turnlock!! shocked that it doesn't while the recent so black reissue sheepskin WOC did! lucky charms editions come out every SS if im not mistaken. sounds like you are leaning more towards returning. the way i look at it is this.... chanel ALWAYS comes out with more stuff that you will want so if you're not totally in love with this then i would return and wait for the one with all the specs you want!

Reactions: CU418
Oh wow, i didnt know the lucky charm woc doesnt have a working turnalock. Lucky charm woc is a very unique piece. & i like the fact the current one has a ladybug.:heart:

But it dials down to whether you like it & can live with the snapbutton. Thats a deal breaker for me since I've struggled to close my woc with snapbutton especially when you are in hurry. Its like hitting a target blindfolded :doh:

I have the same woc as you.. like you I am disappointed about not having the working turnlock as I really don't like the snap button and pondering should I return.. however I really love the charms on it especially the lady bug, owl and lucky five so in the end I keep it.. although Chanel did come out with lucky charm every year? but the charms might not appeal every time.. besides for woc, most are snap closer :doh:

Thanks for your help ladies!! Still mulling over whether to keep it or not. Do you know if it's difficult to find the aged calfskin reissue woc in gold hardware with a working turn lock? Also if you adjust the length of the woc will the chains leave imprints on the bag? Will it cause the leather to look worn faster? I think the answer to these questions will help me decide better.

Thanks for your help ladies!! Still mulling over whether to keep it or not. Do you know if it's difficult to find the aged calfskin reissue woc in gold hardware with a working turn lock? Also if you adjust the length of the woc will the chains leave imprints on the bag? Will it cause the leather to look worn faster? I think the answer to these questions will help me decide better.
i tried this on because i didn't want to spend too much on another Chanel in the same month. i had the same problems as you did with the length and the fake turn lock. i ended up buying a small reissue instead.
wrt your questions
- it's not too difficulty to find a reissue woc with a working turn lock. at least in Canada/Asia. most that i saw had ghw
- almost all the SA suggested that i wrap the chain inside the woc but i have doubts about the imprints. it will definitely leave marks inside your wallet. then again, it's inside. even on my calfskin reissue, the chain marks are there with use. if this is an issue for you, i'd suggest you consider caviar leather.

i hope this helps!

i tried this on because i didn't want to spend too much on another Chanel in the same month. i had the same problems as you did with the length and the fake turn lock. i ended up buying a small reissue instead.
wrt your questions
- it's not too difficulty to find a reissue woc with a working turn lock. at least in Canada/Asia. most that i saw had ghw
- almost all the SA suggested that i wrap the chain inside the woc but i have doubts about the imprints. it will definitely leave marks inside your wallet. then again, it's inside. even on my calfskin reissue, the chain marks are there with use. if this is an issue for you, i'd suggest you consider caviar leather.

i hope this helps!

Thanks for your response! I ended up returning it and buying the reissue woc instead. Although it's a more simple style, I still love it. I store the chains inside but if I shorten the chain and it leaves marks inside I won't mind since it's only on the inside.

Reactions: sakuraboo