Lucky Brand Jordana Satchel

1. #1 Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
    Hello all! I searched and found a few old Lucky Brand threads but none on this bag. I love the luck of it:

And was wondering a few things:

1) Does anyone have this bag? What can you tell me about it?

2) Does anyone have any general experience with Lucky Brand bags, and if so, how well do they hold up? Is the leather pretty good? The leather looks pretty buttery and slouchy in the pic but pics can be deceiving.:P

I'm thinking about getting this in black but I would be ordering online so I can't fondle and smell the bag before I buy. I can't find any reviews so I'm asking you lovely ladies.:graucho:

1288723_fpx.tif.jpg 1288726_fpx.tif.jpg
  2. I don't have this bag, but I carry all my grading in an old Lucky patchwork tote I got at a thrift store. It was elderly when I got it, and I drag it all over the place without much regard for its well-being. It is tough as nails, and the handle in particular is thick, strong, and comfortable.

3. That's a lovely bag! I have one Lucky Brand stripey tote that's as tough as nails. I've had it for years. Granted, I haven't used it much lately. But it's very good quality and still in great condition. So now I'm talking myself into carrying it again when I get home from my holiday here!

4. Lucky Brand's bags are generally always well-made, the leather is always luscious, and they last forever. You can't go wrong with LB. Good price point, too! Just make sure the size is what you want - I looked at a bag on LB's web site once, fell in love, found it in the store and had to turn away - it was HUGE. In a photo, without anything to put it in perspective, it didn't look so big ... :biggrin:

5. I have one LB bag. The Stash bag and I LOVE it! The leather is truly luscious. I haven't had mine for long, but my good friend has a few of them and swears by them. It's the only bag she carries anymore, and according to her they last forever and I did see some of her older ones and they pretty much looked brand new.

But it's true about the size thing. Some of their bags are crazy big so look at the dimensions carefully before you order on line.

6. Thank you for the responses! Great advice on the sizing...I didn't pay attention to it because they have that mod pic with the silhouette lady. I'm 5'3 and don't like huge bags on my frame so I will definitely check before I buy.

7. I don't have one but a friend of mine does. She has had it for years and it's still wonderful!
    I like the bag in the pic.
    And I would buy it in the same colour....I am sure it will get such a lovely patina.
    As other tpfers said...just check the dimensions and enjoy your purchase!:smile:

8. I had a Lucky bag (shoulder bag, I don't remember which style), that I carried for well over a year~through Disney World and massive thunderstorms and the bag still looked great. I was not carefull or babied that bag one little bit, lol.

9. It's all true what the above posters have said about their Lucky bags; I have two that have been through alot. And if you ever tire of your Lucky bag, list her on Ebay. People seem to fight like mad over them--always lots and lots of bidders. The Lucky patchwork tote and leather totes with those strong handles are a particular favorite. I recall the charactar of Nancy Botwin in Showtime's "Weeds" carrying a brown Lucky leather tote for quite a few seasons....

10. Thanks again everyone for your responses! Im bumping this to give my review of the bag. I got it in black and I love it! The leather is great and pretty close to my Linea Pelle in that it's buttery soft with unfinished edges, which I like. It has a very rustic look, but it's also kind of chic.

Here are some pics:

My only complaints would be the lack of dust bag and the slight chemical smell in the leather. I also wish the strap drop was about an inch or two longer. Other than that, the bag is great and well worth what I paid for it (it was on sale for $167 at Macys).

11. Sorry, pics didn't load. Let me try again...

Inside:

ForumRunner_20121009_120414.png

Smushed

ForumRunner_20121009_120425.png

Front

ForumRunner_20121009_120441.png

Mod shot

ForumRunner_20121009_120459.png

With my Linea Pelle Dylan Medium Tote.

2012-10-09_11-41-35_400-1.jpg

12. Oooh....wonderful! Thanks for the review and the pics. I like the pics from tPF members as opposed to any manufacturer's stock photos; definetely more realistic. I like Lucky products. The bag looks great on you! Lovely!

13. Dang!
    Now I want one!!! Lol!!

Seriously, though, that is a nice bag. If I saw that out somewhere I'd assume someone had paid big $$$!

Really like the anonymity. No logos, hang tags, etc. I've been really trying to avoid that lately. Much rather appreciate the bag than the brand.

14. Nice bag! Congratulations and enjoy :smile:

15. Thank you ladies! I'm enjoying her very much so far.