LP Planetes Tote vs. LP Neo Tote

briallie

Jan 29, 2014
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two totes?
They look the same online (I know the Planetes is discontinued).
Thx!

klatte

Sep 5, 2013
I have the Neo tote (large) and planetes tote (medium). The difference: zipper, leather texture, texture/feel of the nylon. The planete's nylon seems slightly thicker.
Please see pic: the one in front is planetes. Hope that helps :smile:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1410327191.113688.jpg

mgm23

Feb 1, 2014
I have the Neo tote (large) and planetes tote (medium). The difference: zipper, leather texture, texture/feel of the nylon. The planete's nylon seems slightly thicker.
View attachment 2746221

Hi klatte, i hope you can post some photos wearing the two bags, i also have the planetes in medium, and would love to get the neo tote soon. But im afraid it might too big for me.Im only 5'0". Thanks you so much 😊

cc111

Cc111
May 21, 2014
MA, USA
I tried on the Neo tote large and le pliage large in Nordstrom over the weekend. I'm also 5'0", but I"m wider (~120 lbs). Both look okay on me. I think both hit me around mid to bottom buttock. I'm planning on buying a large for going out with my 1 year old. Currently I own a small le pliage (9"x9") which gets full rather quickly when I start putting her diapers/bib/snacks/toys in it.

briallie

Jan 29, 2014
View attachment 2746221

So do you prefer one over the other? If so, which one and why?
I have a planetes here with tags on. Wondering if i should return it and get a neo? Not able to see them in person :sad:
Thx!

klatte

Sep 5, 2013
So do you prefer one over the other? If so, which one and why?
I have a planetes here with tags on. Wondering if i should return it and get a neo? Not able to see them in person :sad:
Thx!
Yup, same as above's comment, I would keep the planetes as it's discontinued. Also, my planetes is made in France, maybe yours too :smile:

@mgm23 ok will do when I get a chance. I am also 5' heheh.

klatte

Sep 5, 2013
Hi klatte, i hope you can post some photos wearing the two bags, i also have the planetes in medium, and would love to get the neo tote soon. But im afraid it might too big for me.Im only 5'0". Thanks you so much 😊
Hi mgm23, ok will do when I get a chance. I am also 5'0" ;)

EGBDF

Authenticator
Dec 22, 2013
I agree with keeping the Planetes, because it would be hard to get one in the future. And I think it's a bit thicker than the Neo. I've decided I like the Neo zipper better but that's my personal preference. It slides a bit easier.

sleepykris

Dec 13, 2012
the planetes isn't as shiny and the material is thicker. the planetes looks a little more formal due to this and because the zipper is metal as opposed to plastic. i would stick to planetes if you can find it in the color and style that you like.

May 27, 2008
the planetes isn't as shiny and the material is thicker. the planetes looks a little more formal due to this and because the zipper is metal as opposed to plastic. i would stick to planetes if you can find it in the color and style that you like.
They are discontinuing the plantes so you better hurray.