LP Newbie w/ Questions...

Ellie Mae

Peace B with U
May 24, 2008
Hola! I've been searching for a new leather bag w/ pockets and a LONG shoulder strap, which seems to be an act of Congress to find. Another pfer suggested LP, and I am really liking a couple of the designs...

1. The Dylan Messenger... love this! But, I gather this particular messenger style (white bag below - stormy heart) is no longer available?? Or is this the SAME as the current Dylan Sm Messenger shown on the LP website?
2. The Dylan Med Tote w/ Messenger Strap... like this!
3. Other than eaby, bonz, & LP website, where else can LP be bought online?

Are the LP's commonly faked?
Am I missing any other style w/ the LONG shoulder straps & pockets?

THANKS for your help & suggestions!!

Attachments

• LP DylanMessengerWhite.jpg
    LP DylanMessengerWhite.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 46
Kataphileo.com has LP, they are having a minor sale right now. The Nikki and the Sydney look like they might fit for you. I just got a Dylan Messenger from a friend of a friend, and it's really nice!

Hola! I've been searching for a new leather bag w/ pockets and a LONG shoulder strap, which seems to be an act of Congress to find. Another pfer suggested LP, and I am really liking a couple of the designs...

1. The Dylan Messenger... love this! But, I gather this particular messenger style (white bag below - stormy heart) is no longer available?? Or is this the SAME as the current Dylan Sm Messenger shown on the LP website?
2. The Dylan Med Tote w/ Messenger Strap... like this!
3. Other than eaby, bonz, & LP website, where else can LP be bought online?

Are the LP's commonly faked?
Am I missing any other style w/ the LONG shoulder straps & pockets?

THANKS for your help & suggestions!!

1. No, mine ( the flat Shoulder Messenger) is no longer available. (I have it in IRON also :heart:). Look up in the DIMENSIONS reference ONLY thread to see the size differences.
http://forum.purseblog.com/linea-pelle/dimensions-of-your-linea-pelles-335820.html I have the last few year's Dylans all there with sizes, strap type and number of outside pockets listed. The older messenger is much larger than the small currently available.

2. Medium tote is very cool. You might want to look for an older Dylan Shoulder, Bowler or Speedy; they have LONG shoulder straps

3.Watch our Deals thread to see all the other places you can find LP !

No, LP haven't been faked, but they have been copied

The longest straps on LP bags have MESSENGER in their name.
(long enough to go cross-body if you are average size).

****...Which tassel messenger are you speaking of ? The old Saddle bag with lacing and tassels, The new Janis ????? Or do you mean tassel zipper pulls ?

1. No, mine ( the flat Shoulder Messenger) is no longer available. (I have it in IRON also :heart:). Look up in the DIMENSIONS reference ONLY thread to see the size differences.
http://forum.purseblog.com/linea-pelle/dimensions-of-your-linea-pelles-335820.html I have the last few year's Dylans all there with sizes, strap type and number of outside pockets listed. The older messenger is much larger than the small currently available.

2. Medium tote is very cool. You might want to look for an older Dylan Shoulder, Bowler or Speedy; they have LONG shoulder straps

3.Watch our Deals thread to see all the other places you can find LP !

No, LP haven't been faked, but they have been copied

The longest straps on LP bags have MESSENGER in their name.
(long enough to go cross-body if you are average size).

****...Which tassel messenger are you speaking of ? The old Saddle bag with lacing and tassels, The new Janis ????? Or do you mean tassel zipper pulls ?

Hi Stormy.. and thank you for your response.

What YEAR was your flat shoulder messenger?

And yes, I reference the tassel zipper pulls. I have several older Balenciaga bags, so I really like the tassel zipper pulls.

I shall keep an eye on ebay/bonz for the OLDER messenger bags.

Admittedly, I DO have some attraction to the JANIS hobo, as I still have an affliction for FRINGE. BUT.. I really don't need another BLACK bag, and none of the other JANIS colors appealed.

THANKS AGAIN....