Lowes vs Home Depot

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I usually prefer Lowes but during the pandemic they are doing horribly at fulfilling in-store pickup of online orders. I've been there twice in the last couple of weeks. Each time I had to wait in line and then the employee had to dig through boxes and had trouble finding my item. Took about 15 minutes or more.
Yesterday I ordered an item from HD. The order was ready for pickup with an hour. I got to the store, parked at the pickup space, followed instructions to plug in my parking space number and phone number on my phone. The employee was at my car with the item within three minutes. Amazing. Lowes needs to figure out what HD is doing. They are failing. It's hard on the customers and the employees.

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut

OogleAtLuxury

Nov 14, 2017
Yes, I totally agree! I have wanted to support Lowes because of politics, but the last time I tried to pick something up at Lowes, it took them 2 weeks to fill the order, and then, when I got there to pick it up, it was not in the pickup area! The girl helping me had to go back to the back storage area (twice) to find it.

Reactions: Staci_W and sdkitty

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
Yes, I totally agree! I have wanted to support Lowes because of politics, but the last time I tried to pick something up at Lowes, it took them 2 weeks to fill the order, and then, when I got there to pick it up, it was not in the pickup area! The girl helping me had to go back to the back storage area (twice) to find it.
I understand they have more orders now but really if HD can figure out a way to do it I don't understand why lowes is so disorganized

Reactions: OogleAtLuxury

xsouzie

Material Girl
O.G.
Mar 27, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I prefer Home Depot now. Last month, I ordered some foo dog statues that ended up being too big so I returned them. Well not only did I not receive my refund, I got charged again with an email notification a week later telling me they were shipping out the very same statues I had just returned. Tried calling the store and kept getting a busy signal so I tried emailing and my order number apparently didn't exist. :annoyed:

This one happened even before the pandemic...I ordered a privacy door knob and asked my sister to pick it up for me since she was nearby. What I got was a regular door knob. I brought it back to the store where they insisted it was indeed the item I had ordered. I had to show them the correct one on their site and when the sales associate returned, they brought back the wrong item again...just another door knob with no lock...

• Wow
Reactions: limom

bag-mania

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
Depending on what I'm looking for I could go to either store, they are located across the street from each other. But I've been going to Home Depot first in the past few years because they almost always have what I need in stock.

RT1

Hubble Telescope Image of the Orion Nebula
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Texas
I went to Lowes the other day when HD did not have the supplies I wanted.
I was able to pick up exactly what I needed in the store, but when I checked out, I noticed that Lowes' prices were 10 to 20% higher than HD.

limom

O.G.
Mar 24, 2009
Depending on what I'm looking for I could go to either store, they are located across the street from each other. But I've been going to Home Depot first in the past few years because they almost always have what I need in stock.
The garden Department is much nicer at my Home Depot. I get all the rest from my neighborhood hardware store.

Reactions: bag-mania
Oct 31, 2010
My husband has in the past preferred Lowe's. I have always preferred Home Depot. Lately, though, he has switched and is now shopping more at HD. I am sure he'll shop at Lowe's now and again still, but HD has become his go-to hardware store.

n3w2luxury

Feb 16, 2020
Had to go shopping for a new refrigerator and I also wanted to support Lowes over Home Depot for political reasons, but ended up going to Home Depot just because it's closer :doh: they did have good customer service though

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
Where the grass is greener
I also like Lowe's for political reasons. I always go there first. They don't always have what I like. I bought carpet from Home Depot because they had a better selection. When I redid my bathroom most of it came for HD. They had better deals (I got a couple pre-opened cabinets at a steep discount).