Arts & Crafts Low-cost Solution for Low-Vision Blingmaking?

ShimmaPuff

Sentient IMBUSILE
Oct 12, 2006
I can't afford to buy presents, so I like to commit acts of alleged bling and inflict them on loved ones, but as my eyes become increasingly more ornamental than functional, my ability to see small items has been significantly impacted.

I have 6X magnifying glasses that I use to read things like labels, and I am able to see larger beads, etc with them, but things like the openings of jump rings and smaller spacer beads are no longer visible. And let's not even talk about wire and clear string like StretchMagic or clones!

Because I am poor, I can't really afford anything fancy, but just in case their might be any other low-vision perpetrators of bling here, I thought I would ask for solution suggestions.

Is there anything with like 10-12X or higher magnification that has a wide field, lights up, and costs under $30?

Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions! I am coming to the realization that my dream thing - something with a big field and high power magnification - does not exist. Edit to note that it exists, but they cost like $2700!

My best bet may be those loupe things that stick onto your glasses - and so the search continues!

Last edited: