Lovinmybags Restoration - The Aubergine

Excellent job. When my Argent Betty really starts to go south, she'll be paying a doctor's visit to LMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the before and after shots. We need more of these!

wow, I m thinking to get my baby tan paddy done. How do does the shipping work, do you pay for it both ways?
I'm actually more worried about sending my paddy in the post anywhere, what if it got lost? I'd be so upset.
Is there any shops that can do this, where you just walk in?

Please post some more pics when you get her:smile:

Glad it turned out right - some people over on the Balenciaga Forum don't seem to have done so well. One lady has been scraping a failed restoration off her bag.

You might like to have a look at this thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...m-rubbing-off-restoration-my-turq-329221.html

I read that post and wondered if anyone had spoken to Barbara at LMB to (a) confirm that this was indeed a bag they had restored and (b) if she had ever been contacted about the issues w/ the restoration. By the way the paint was peeling, it almost looked as if something had been applied to the leather by someone in it's "previous life" that was unknown to the current owner who had the restoration done.... or something. Looked kind of like when you paint a water-based paint over an oil-based paint. Stays sticky, never dries, and it eventually will peel and bubble off. Beats me..??

wow, I m thinking to get my baby tan paddy done. How do does the shipping work, do you pay for it both ways?
I'm actually more worried about sending my paddy in the post anywhere, what if it got lost? I'd be so upset.
Is there any shops that can do this, where you just walk in?

Please post some more pics when you get her:smile:

Yep... you ship it to them, then they bill you to ship it back w/ the restoration invoicing.
Other shops... I don't know..?

Glad it turned out right - some people over on the Balenciaga Forum don't seem to have done so well. One lady has been scraping a failed restoration off her bag.

You might like to have a look at this thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...m-rubbing-off-restoration-my-turq-329221.html

I've totally heard some bad experiences about the bbags too... and it takes a bbag resale value really really low.

Maybe LMB has diff effects on diff. leather with chloe leather (cow) and bbag leather well the old ones (chevre).

I've totally heard some bad experiences about the bbags too... and it takes a bbag resale value really really low.

Maybe LMB has diff effects on diff. leather with chloe leather (cow) and bbag leather well the old ones (chevre).

Absolutely could be... and would also make huge differences as to what the manufacturers used in treating the leathers when making the bags...

I read that post and wondered if anyone had spoken to Barbara at LMB to (a) confirm that this was indeed a bag they had restored and (b) if she had ever been contacted about the issues w/ the restoration. By the way the paint was peeling, it almost looked as if something had been applied to the leather by someone in it's "previous life" that was unknown to the current owner who had the restoration done.... or something. Looked kind of like when you paint a water-based paint over an oil-based paint. Stays sticky, never dries, and it eventually will peel and bubble off. Beats me..??

I get the impression that one of the people who posted in that thread is the person who sent the bag for restoration so is in a strong position to know who did the work.

Wow! Congratulatons Ellie Mae on a successful restoration! Your bag is better than new. :tup:

As for the Bbags, I think all the special treatment, processing and dyeing that Bal does to the leathers make them very delicate and sensitive. IMO the leather on the Bbags are much thinner and more delicate than the leather of the Chloe's, which has a much thicker and more luxurious feel IMO (sorry don't mean to offend the Bbag lovers). LMB's Shine Restore is very sticky. I wonder if too much or improper application of the Shine Restore caused this particular Bbag to be sticky.