Loving this Busk and Bask Clutch

PBinsider

Purse Blog Insider
May 9, 2013
We had a brief editorial on the Purseblog, but I I could not get my mind off this clutch.

I am looking forward to seeing more from this team, particularly since they were very responsive to our readers in the comments section.

I would love to see how this ages, I love patinated leather and this looks like something to enjoy for many years.

Busk-and-Bask-Loess-Wrap-Clutch.jpg

What do you think?

It's gorgeous. I'm very into clutches this summer and would love to get this one.

Wondering how much it weighs though? I checked it out it and it said "stitchless construction" and "solid brass screws". This sounds heavy. The idea of a heavy clutch turns me off.

I did email them asking about the weight.

... the rest of the story from the Busk and Bask web site ... and the price is not bad at all!!! I am curious about that cross body strap that's mentioned in the description ...

loess | wrap clutch-case

Just like the rest of the family, cut and crafted from a single piece of premium 5/6 oz vegetable tanned leather. A series of precise cuts, bends and folds come together to create a minimal yet versatile carry accessory. Each clutch comes with a 50" non-adjustable leather cross body strap that screws in on each side

Materials:

- 100% Stitchless construction

- Unlined interior

- 5/6 oz. veg-tan leather

- 1/8" solid teak wood floor

- Solid brass Chicago screws

Dimensions:

H: 4.5" L: 10.25" W: 1.5" (H:11.4cm L: 26cm W: 3.8cm)

Designed and handcrafted in the u.s.a.

Attachments

• wrapclutchangle.JPG
    wrapclutchangle.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 188
  • wrapclutchinside.JPG
    wrapclutchinside.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 188
Hello Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your lovely compliments and questions. For those wondering about the weight, it is really light at only about 8 oz. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Look forward to hearing from you :smile: Danise

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

Thank you all so much for your lovely compliments and questions. For those wondering about the weight, it is really light at only about 8 oz. If you have any other questions, please let us know. Look forward to hearing from you :smile: Danise
Thank you for posting, Danise! My question involves the strap - on your web site, in the description for this clutch, it mentions a 'cross body strap that screws in on each side' - what does that mean exactly? Is there another strap?

LOVE this clutch! And to know it's so lightweight? Wow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting, Danise! My question involves the strap - on your web site, in the description for this clutch, it mentions a 'cross body strap that screws in on each side' - what does that mean exactly? Is there another strap?

LOVE this clutch! And to know it's so lightweight? Wow.
Hello - Yes, there is another strap that comes with the clutch. It is 1/2" x 50". The picture you see below of the Maar shows the two Chicago screws on the side of the bag. These screws are the only two that are not permanently secured with loctite. They just need to be unscrewed and then screwed back in through the strap holes in order to use it as a cross body bag. The picture of the loess you see on the site does not show these two screws on the side. (Sorry about that) We should have a few more pics up soon as well as a small tutorial for attaching the strap. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions :smile: Danise

Last edited:
Hello - Yes, there is another strap that comes with the clutch. It is 1/2" x 50". The picture you see below of the Maar shows the two Chicago screws on the side of the bag. These screws are the only two that are not permanently secured with loctite. They just need to be unscrewed and then screwed back in through the strap holes in order to use it as a cross body bag. The picture of the loess you see on the site does not show these two screws on the side. (Sorry about that) We should have a few more pics up soon as well as a small tutorial for attaching the strap. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions :smile: Danise
Wow, that is incredibly impressive! This is truly the perfect clutch/cross body bag! Two for one! :heart:

Now - two in my cart: Do I want to Loess or the Maar? I think the Maar would be ultimately more useful ...

Last edited:
Wow, that is incredibly impressive! This is truly the perfect clutch/cross body bag! Two for one! :heart:

Now - two in my cart: Do I want to Loess or the Maar? I think the Maar would be ultimately more useful ...

Yes, but the Loess is cuter.

Here is the Maar:

http://www.ahalife.com/product/1042144/maar-wrap-clutch

Note the hardware on the back.

Almost pressed the buy button on the Loess when my ipad died, then I realized I already had a bag in the same size and color (after vachetta patina). Can busk and bask post new items to this thread? Or is that allowed?

Yes, but the Loess is cuter.

Here is the Maar:

http://www.ahalife.com/product/1042144/maar-wrap-clutch

Note the hardware on the back.

Almost pressed the buy button on the Loess when my ipad died, then I realized I already had a bag in the same size and color (after vachetta patina). Can busk and bask post new items to this thread? Or is that allowed?

We are checking in with Megs, Jesssh...we love that Danica is participating for them but want to make sure we stay within guidelines.

Well, I can't resist a gorgeous, perfect summer color, 8 oz, clutch that even comes with a strap!

Just ordered it :biggrin: