loving PEARLS....

Placebo

Apr 13, 2012
Hi dear ladies,
I deceided to buy pearl earrings and I m thinking of buying from pearl paradise site.
I m 29y old and I m not sure about size, can you help me?
Also, which ones are best quality?
Any suggestion would mean a lot to me!
Thank you

I was just thinking the same thing too. I went to the pricescope site and found some info. Still I was wondering if anyone would recommend freshadamas (heard they are more durable and have as much lustre) or hanadamas? I would like to be able to keep them for a long time. I will not be using them daily but I will use them often enough. I would like white pearls with pink overtones in the 7 to 7.5mm size. South sea pearls will be too large. Any tips?

I recently have bought several different pearls from Pearl Paradise and have been very happy with my purchases-so I'd recommend them. I also suggest you call them to order (I ask for Chenai) as they will look through the pearls and pick the best ones for you!! Jeremy (owner of Pearl Paradise) is on a buying trip right now, so if you decide to order you may want to wait until mid to late March to see what fabulous pearls they bring back.

As for size- I think it's personal. Some people have larger earlobes and need larger pearls. Some people only like small studs,etc. I would suggest you go into a jewelry store (all have some sort of pearls) and try different sizes on to see what you like,

My preference for pearls are the more unusual fireballs, souffles, kasumi, etc. so I don't have any of the freshadamas or hanadamas personally, but if you have looked through the Pricescope threads you will see most are VERY happy with their freshadamas and don't feel the need to spend the extra for the hanadamas. You might also wait to see some of the freshwater metallics- talk about incredible lustre!!! Don't know if they have any in stock right now- but if not, will probably replenish on their trip. As far as durability- I wouldn't worry about earrings as they shouldn't get much wear and tear.

eta- Pearl Paradise also usually has some great sales around Mother's Day!!

Not much of a pearls expert, but did read the other day about how generally, freshwater pearls are cheaper because they're cultivated and aren't perfectly round (ie they are not allowed to be described as round), whilst saltwater ones are rarer and are perfectly round. It is something to do with how they are formed I believe.

Not much of a pearls expert, but did read the other day about how generally, freshwater pearls are cheaper because they're cultivated and aren't perfectly round (ie they are not allowed to be described as round), whilst saltwater ones are rarer and are perfectly round. It is something to do with how they are formed I believe.

I'm sorry to say, that isn't correct. Freshwater pearls do come out round, and you can easily purchase AAA round freshwaters.

I recently have bought several different pearls from Pearl Paradise and have been very happy with my purchases-so I'd recommend them. I also suggest you call them to order (I ask for Chenai) as they will look through the pearls and pick the best ones for you!! Jeremy (owner of Pearl Paradise) is on a buying trip right now, so if you decide to order you may want to wait until mid to late March to see what fabulous pearls they bring back.

As for size- I think it's personal. Some people have larger earlobes and need larger pearls. Some people only like small studs,etc. I would suggest you go into a jewelry store (all have some sort of pearls) and try different sizes on to see what you like,

My preference for pearls are the more unusual fireballs, souffles, kasumi, etc. so I don't have any of the freshadamas or hanadamas personally, but if you have looked through the Pricescope threads you will see most are VERY happy with their freshadamas and don't feel the need to spend the extra for the hanadamas. You might also wait to see some of the freshwater metallics- talk about incredible lustre!!! Don't know if they have any in stock right now- but if not, will probably replenish on their trip. As far as durability- I wouldn't worry about earrings as they shouldn't get much wear and tear.

eta- Pearl Paradise also usually has some great sales around Mother's Day!!
Thanks, I will give them a call and perhaps wait till Jeremy gets back and score a deal on Mother's Day.