Loving My Surprise Me

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My pewter surprise me and angel purse arrived the other day. I originally was very torn about entering the bespoke because I had just received a pewter LM from the group bespoke and thought I should switch up my colors. But, I am SO glad I joined. The bag is great!!! It is light, comfortable (except for a little extra lump of thread poking out of the pad on the shoulder strap that I plan to e-mail Jackie, et al about) and it can fit so much without looking awkward. I know there's been a lot of worry about how much this little bag can hold because it's flat. But, I'm here to tell you that it can hold a lot!!

Here's what I pack -
    HH pompidou
    Epipen 2 pack with holder
    sunglasses
    small soft wipes pack
    small calendar
    hand sanitizer spray
    angel purse - (I'm using it as first aid kit now, but not sure whether I'll just switch back to using the ap as a wallet and putting first aid supplies in inside pocket b/c that would free up a lot of space.)
    iphone in outside pocket
    kleenex in outside pocket
    small wet ones hand sanitizing wipes in outside pocket

Even with all of these things, I could still fit a .5 L poland springs sparkling water bottle in the middle of the bag and it didn't look awkward. I think the pompidou and epipen make the bag pretty evenly spaced out, which helps it keep its shape when I put something big like a water bottle in it.

I think it's a great messenger bag and think I'll be getting a lot of use out of it and may want one in another good fall color!!!

I did find the tassles overwhelming when it arrived. I liked them, but having them on both sides and the top zipper was just too much for me. So, I trimmed them all back so that none of them hang down past the bottom of the bag.

2. So glad that you love the bag!! I too am really enjoying it...like you, I had just received another pewter bag so I was a teeny bit on the fence about getting another one. But I am glad I did, because when I travel with the SPM I know that it wil go with everything, so it'll be a no-brainer!

ITA with you about how much this bag can carry, too -- it's brilliant! :smile:

3. I too was surprised at how much I could fit in it! I am looking forward to carrying this bag when traveling!

4. Wow! That's a lot of stuff in your bag :yes:! Congrats...it sounds like a great purchase for you :tup:

5. Congrats! Glad you love it. Mine it waiting at the post office for me, but I haven't been able to get over there to grab it. I'm excited to see it in person ... I love that you have been able to fit so much into it!

6. I'm glad that you love it! :yahoo:

My Pewter Surprise Me and AP finally arrived today. My first impression is similar - it's very light and comfortable and can hold a lot more than I expected. I am really surprised by how much can fit in the bag. However, I don't plan on carrying a lot of stuff when I use it.

I think Pewter is a great choice for this bag. The simple design allows the beauty of the Pewter to stand out. The threading is a nice detail and I like that it has a zipper on top instead of a drawstring. The tassels are long, but I'm going to keep them that way for now to see how they work out. For a messenger bag, the size is just right for me, not too big and not too small. I love the purple lining and the AP was a great bonus!

I'll try to post pictures after I've used it a few times and can drag myself away from work.