Loving COACH and getting "caught up" w/bidding on EBAY

Here's a lesson I was reminded of today, don't ever get so caught up in a bidding frenzy that you don't use good common sense. I was bidding on a COACH Soho Wristlet in Bordeaux and instead of constantly trying to outbid did a search and found one cheaper with a BUY IT NOW. Having bid on EBAY for over 5 years I've learned NOT to let my emotion get the best of me and check myself to say, "you're on here to get a good deal not win a bidding war". I'm so happy because I paid less than the winning bidder on that other auction and my wristlet is on it's way from Southern Cali (where I live) so hopefully I'll have it really soon, isn't she beautiful.

103448245_tp.jpg

She is pretty!! I wonder if that was the auction I was watching. For some reason I was drawn to that wristlet and decided to watch it.

I am glad you didn't get caught up in a bidding war. I too have made that mistake when I first started on ebay. The worst it ever got, and when I finally learned my lesson, was when my oldest was 1 and I was looking for NY Yankee clothes for him. I couldn't find a jacket to save my life and when I finally found one, I ended up paying over $50 for a used jacket for a 1 year old!!! :wtf::yes: I couldn't even give it away after my son wore it. Lesson learned!
Now with my new Coach obsession, I am always watching the same bag and looking for a deal. My husband has a fit when he sees how many things are on my watch list. Like I am going to actually buy them all
:graucho:

She is pretty!! I wonder if that was the auction I was watching. For some reason I was drawn to that wristlet and decided to watch it.

I am glad you didn't get caught up in a bidding war. I too have made that mistake when I first started on ebay. The worst it ever got, and when I finally learned my lesson, was when my oldest was 1 and I was looking for NY Yankee clothes for him. I couldn't find a jacket to save my life and when I finally found one, I ended up paying over $50 for a used jacket for a 1 year old!!! :wtf::yes: I couldn't even give it away after my son wore it. Lesson learned!
Now with my new Coach obsession, I am always watching the same bag and looking for a deal. My husband has a fit when he sees how many things are on my watch list. Like I am going to actually buy them all :graucho:

It probably was the one you were watching, I think there was only one other that was an auction, there are only a few BUY IT NOWS of this wristlet, but they were all over $60 - $80, luckily I found one for $45, the one I was bidding on got up to $60 with shipping, I just wasn't going to pay that.

I totally agree with you. Ebay is about getting a good deal not about winning. I always give myself a limit and if it sells for $1 more, oh well it wasn't meant to be mine.

I've seen a few threads where sellers ask "why do people watch my BINs for days???"

This is exactly why I watch them...to keep my highest bids on auctions realistic, and rein in those emotions :ninja:

I'm a last minute bidder too :sneaky:

Lovely wristlet! Congratulations!