Lovin' the Jillian - Sienna next?

cmajestro

Apr 28, 2007
I purchased the Jillian on eBay without ever having seen one (thanks, Lexie for the great advice!). When it arrived, I had my doubts about whether I would like it because it was rather heavy. But in the two weeks since it came, I haven't carried another bag! I really like this one. I LOVE the bumpy leather. And I can haul it to my kids' track meet without worrying about having to baby it.

I'm looking for a brown bag now and am thinking about a bourbon Sienna. Again, I have never seen one in person. (The downside of living in scenic WV.) I know NM has them marked down somewhat now - does anyone know of other sources for Siennas on sale? Or any reputable eBay sellers with some?

Thanks!!
Cindy in WV

(I promise to post photos when I figure out how to do it!)

Hey congrats on your Jillian. I too love the bumpy, bourbon leather. I have a Sienna in it and it's pretty much the perfect bag! Of course, I just got an Ada (in bourbon too, natch) so Sienna is taking a well-deserved rest.

I've not checked ebay in the past couple of days (a new record for me! :graucho:) so I can't offer any advice on who may be a current and legit seller but LNinos, who is a favorite of Lexie's is a legit seller and I've gotten a couple of bags from Vipfashions. You might see if either has a Sienna hidden somewhere.

I got my Sienna from VIPFashions as well. Perfect bag and they were a pleasure to deal with. The Sienna is my favorite; I think you'll enjoy it. It's just so darn functional, just big enough, but not too big. I'm not a big fan of the bumpy Siennas; I prefer the smooth leather ones but those are harder and harder to come by. Neiman Marcus still has the heavily distressed ones in black and bourbon I believe, and marked down to around $469 I think.

If you want a smooth Sienna, here's one I would grab quick. I know this seller. I have bought from her and her from me and it's definitey Authentic.

http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTH-KOOBA-SIEN...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No bumby Bourbons unless you want this beauty (GULP). It's New with Tags (????!!!) and from a 0 Feedback seller.

670a_1.JPG

Lexie, thanks. Which do you think looks better - bumpy or smooth? From the photos I've seen, I think the bumpy might be more interesting . . . I'm already seeing my Jillian develop more and more character.

Oh, I am all about The smooth Sienna....which is soooooo very hard to find authentic. I do not care for the heavy pebbling but it's a matter of taste. I would buy the Pebbled directly from Kooba with that sale because all that was on ebay was that horrid looking mess above.

The pebbling on the Siennas are not quite like the bumpy Jillians. The Jillians bumps are larger and less distinct, wouldn't you say girls?

Lexie, are the Siennas at Neiman Marcus in bourbon and black the heavily distressed (i.e. pebbly) ones? They don't have a photo of the black on their site and the photos they do have of the bourbon and raisin aren't that helpful.

Lexie, are the Siennas at Neiman Marcus in bourbon and black the heavily distressed (i.e. pebbly) ones? They don't have a photo of the black on their site and the photos they do have of the bourbon and raisin aren't that helpful.

I'm losing my mind tonight! When I said for her to buy from Kooba sale I meant the NM sale as you suggested. Yes, they are the bumpy pebbled ones. I bought a Bourbon one once but it was too bumpy for me. But I do have the Raisin Jessie which is beatiful and the big bumps don't bother me on that bag at all.

I'm losing my mind tonight! When I said for her to buy from Kooba sale I meant the NM sale as you suggested. Yes, they are the bumpy pebbled ones. I bought a Bourbon one once but it was too bumpy for me. But I do have the Raisin Jessie which is beautiful and the big bumps don't bother me on that bag at all.

I have had both the 'bumpy' distressed and smooth siennas. I returned the distressed one, which I had bought brand new from Revolve, not so much becasue I didn't like it, but because the whipstitching on the handles started fraying, and one came loose, after carrying it for 2 days. I've noticed this on alot of the ebay distressed ones as well. Now my smooth one is like a totally different bag. It's not as heavy for one thing, and the leather is wonderfully smooth and squishy. I've carried it for probably about 10 days total (I change bags every couple days!) and no signs of fraying or wear at all. This one was used when I bought it as well, it just seems to be made much better.
My vote would definately be for the smooth one!