Lovin' My Bags Vachetta Collection

PrincessSaf

Jul 15, 2014
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my experience of the Vachetta Collection from Lovin My Bags in the UK.

So as some of you will know I recently purchased a Marais MM and Alma MC, both have quite a bit of Vachetta so I wanted to protect it as much as I could before I got caught in the rain at some point!

I purchased the Vachetta Collection which comes with a pre treatment for new or gently used bags, protection, cleanser and a conditioner, all the sponges and cloths are included too.

So I started very nervously with the pre treatment which is like a cream, pumped it out onto the back of my hand and lightly dabbed the sponge applying a thin layer all over the leather, it darkened slightly but went straight back to the virgin colour when dry. (I went against the instructions and applied a second coat the next day)

Next the protection which was a liquid.. I did exactly the same applying a thin layer, the first coat darkened when wet but the second coat did not affect the leather at all, so the protection was working!

After these initial steps the leather felt a little dry. But after applying the conditioner and giving it a little rub the leather has such a beautiful sheen, feels very smooth and 'protected'. The leather hasn't darkened at all! I'm really impressed with my results.

I'd also like to mention the absolutely fantastic customer service from Clarissa on the UK website, she was brilliant at answering any questions and addressing any concerns I had!

This makes me happy, I just finished reading the instructions on mine and will be using it on my new bag this week. I got the vachetta pre-treatment and the protector. I think I will order the conditioner now

Question: do the LMB products stop the tanning/goldening/patina process, or does the vachetta thus treated still tan "naturally", and all the products do is keep out the dirt and water droplets?

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share my experience of the Vachetta Collection from Lovin My Bags in the UK.

So as some of you will know I recently purchased a Marais MM and Alma MC, both have quite a bit of Vachetta so I wanted to protect it as much as I could before I got caught in the rain at some point!

I purchased the Vachetta Collection which comes with a pre treatment for new or gently used bags, protection, cleanser and a conditioner, all the sponges and cloths are included too.

So I started very nervously with the pre treatment which is like a cream, pumped it out onto the back of my hand and lightly dabbed the sponge applying a thin layer all over the leather, it darkened slightly but went straight back to the virgin colour when dry. (I went against the instructions and applied a second coat the next day)

Next the protection which was a liquid.. I did exactly the same applying a thin layer, the first coat darkened when wet but the second coat did not affect the leather at all, so the protection was working!

After these initial steps the leather felt a little dry. But after applying the conditioner and giving it a little rub the leather has such a beautiful sheen, feels very smooth and 'protected'. The leather hasn't darkened at all! I'm really impressed with my results.

I'd also like to mention the absolutely fantastic customer service from Clarissa on the UK website, she was brilliant at answering any questions and addressing any concerns I had!

I notice that when I clean old (15 + ur old) bags with it, the vachetta looks good but then gets dirty much more quickly - and quickly turns almost blackish :/ much darker than before it was cleaned

Just my personal observation

I notice that when I clean old (15 + ur old) bags with it, the vachetta looks good but then gets dirty much more quickly - and quickly turns almost blackish :/ much darker than before it was cleaned

Just my personal observation

Did you use the protection after using the cleanser? I cleaned my friends Galliera and it was fine, darkened slightly, I tried not to use too much product and then let it dry thoroughly before using the protection. No problems yet.

Did you use the protection after using the cleanser? I cleaned my friends Galliera and it was fine, darkened slightly, I tried not to use too much product and then let it dry thoroughly before using the protection. No problems yet.

I did. These are old vintage bags though that I bought second hand. I just noticed that they attract more dirt after being cleaned and treated. Maybe I didn't use enough of the protection

I'm sorry that happened to your bags :sad:

I'm planning ordering the deep cleansing sponges which are slightly more abrasive. The same ones iv seen bjtaylor use on YouTube. Iv got an Ellipse and Mon Mono Speedy that could with a thorough clean, so I will report back on how well these hold up after being cleaned.