Lovely surprise but wanted LV!

phillj12

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
I had been having a bad 2 weeks so my DH surprised me with this little Chanel treat.

image-4234752796.jpg

He knew I wanted a WOC so grabbed whatever they had. Only thing is, I really wanted a different WOC but even before that on my list is the Metis! He said its fine if I return this but here I go again with returns, etc. Thoughts? I like the idea of having something little and fun, but so confused!!

I had been having a bad 2 weeks so my DH surprised me with this little Chanel treat.

View attachment 2046167

He knew I wanted a WOC so grabbed whatever they had. Only thing is, I really wanted a different WOC but even before that on my list is the Metis! He said its fine if I return this but here I go again with returns, etc. Thoughts? I like the idea of having something little and fun, but so confused!!

I love it, but I understand that you may have wanted something else first. Why dont you return it for a mechandise credit until they have the WOC that you wanted? I would stick with Chanel so that it is the overall intent of what he got you (would not change it for the Metis). WOCs are really useable pieces. You will love it. Just get the one you want and explain to DH that you can get more use out of a different color.

How sweet of your dh. I would take it back and get the Metis. If you keep the woc (not the one you wanted) you may never use it and it would be a waste of money. I'm sure he would rather you get something you will put to use.

A few years ago my DBF got me a Chanel bag that was never on my radar and I did not even like that much. I made the mistake in keeping it and has only been used 4 times in seven years.

I think this is nice and it was such a lovely gesture from your husband, but if you'd rather have the LV I'm sure he'd rather you do too. It's better to have something you'll get use out of, after all.

I totally understand your predicament, this is not an easy decision! I’ve been waiting for the right woc for over a year and I still can’t find it. I was recently offered a red one which was cute but not what I was looking for so I passed… I have not regretted it because it was the right decision for me.

I do like this blue woc better than the metis, I like that the color can be dressed up or down, the light blue would look great with everything from jeans to nice dresses, so my questions to you are:

Do you like patent leather? does this size work for you? do you have several outfits to go with it? if you get this, would you still want the other woc you wanted?

What a sweet hubby you have :love:

I think you should keep it... it was an unexpected gift from him and he picked it out just for you. Even though it isn't exactly what you wanted, it was still a gift you would not have otherwise received.

This is a GORGEOUS piece. I would keep it, especially if DH picked it out for me himself. But if he didn't pick it because HE liked it, he only picked it because "that's all they had," then I wouldn't feel bad about exchanging it.

Last edited: