Lovely, Lovely Lead!!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Y'all...

Thought I'd roll out the welcome mat for my Lido quilted wallet in Lead. She arrives TOMORROW!! Everyone's been so kind about my search for something--anything--in Lead, so I thought we could have a thread celebrating such a subtle, mutable color? (I know there was a metallics thread that Leo started, but surely Lead deserves its own thread ;)

So haul out the cameras and find the old pics floating around your desktop... let's celebrate Lead!!!
    :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

2. Can't wait to see your Lido, jennirane!!!

Here are pics of my Lead Mercer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love Lead!! :love:

3. Thanks MTJ! Let's see if we can't get pics of everything that came out in Lead. I think Leo has a Lorca, and someone has the Mercer clutch. Bonnie has the Lido wristlet... what else came in Lead? Oh, the Mimi!!

4. The ALL THINGS METALLIC thread is a reference thread to keep them together.

5. So we shouldn't have a lead-specific one?

6. Lido Quilted Hobo in Lead

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Gorgeous!! It looks great on your arm!

8. Lead is such a great color for bags and accessories. Unfortunately I missed every opportunity to score one.

9. Lead is absolutely gorgeous! I totally missed the boat on this one. Can't wait to see your wallet, jennirane!

10. Lead is really soft. I had a lead clutch wallet at one time and it was the softest ever.

11. Wow Gorgeous pics you guys! I'm loving the Lido and the Mercer!

12. do I have to??:sad:

13. I had a lead lorca at one point. The leather was fab, but the lorca didn't really work for me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Lead is my all time FAVE HH colour that I have nothing in!!!

Oh I WISH they brought it back... Ohhh how I wish!!!

15. Oh my holy HECK paelaf!!! THAT'S the lead bag I want!!!! The Lead Lorca?!?! Are you kidding me??? It's so gorgeous. I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, but envy the lucky gal who got it next!! Thanks for posting the pics!!!

Okay... the Lido is in da HOUSE!! It's so very lovely. She arrived at 5:30ish yesterday (too late for daylight pics) and I took her for a spin to see Lyle Lovett last night (great concert BTW). Like everyone's said, the color is very difficult to describe. But fresh out of the box, the first thought I had was "green!" In the morning light, it's more neutral. Gosh, what a beautiful color with denim! It's a WARM silver... how is that possible? It's not like any actual metal you see, but it's exactly the metallic you see in nature (in places other than mines, I would imagine.) This is going to sound odd, but I think it's the color of fish scales. Like a trout underwater, where the sunlight just catches him as he zooms by, and you think "treasure!" But it's also the metallic of wet rocks and maple leaves on the cusp between green and gold.

Okay... enough waxing poetic. I've got to run get a new battery for the camera, but pics in a bit, I promise.