Lovely Find

1. [​IMG]

I found this today! I bought it over a year ago at a sewing expo (I always swear I am not going to buy fabric). It only is about 10 inches long, just big enough for a small purse or clutch. With it I found 2 Chinese coins (probably not real coins). I have to decide on a style and find a suitable lining. It's safe to say I'm not even in the planning stage...just the idea.
    I hope enjoyed looking at my lovely silk. That's a jacquard, by the way.
    Kate

2. oooooh pretty color!!!

textiles are so addicting. for me it's yarn, but i so know the feeling of "no more!" then finding something too exquisite to pass up.

3. What a great find! That's such a pretty color for a little clutch or something.

4. Hello!
    ilzabet: you probably understand and know all too well how many times I've said "I'm not buying fabric!" At least at these expos I don't buy anything I can get just anywhere. I have Italian wools, silks (the one I showed is indeed Japanese), Indian saris, and various fabrics made of unusual fibers (bamboo, banana leaves). I did buy a beautiful fuschia wool which happened to be the exact color I was looking for to make a jacket last year at an unbelievably low price. The vendor did not want to pack it up and take it with him. I justified the purchase because I did not buy any gadgets (another addiction...sewing tools). I already had all those!
    lv-lover: the silk is certainly appropiate for a lovely evening bag or special occasion. I'm not sure even I could carry a raspberry colored bag every day. I'll let you know what style I'm going to do when I do decide. So many pictures and patterns...only one 10 inch by 44 inch piece.

5. Oh, how pretty. My mother has a whole room filled with fabric.

6. THat's a lovely color indeed! Very rich!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice