Loved and Lost...

Oh No, sometimes you just have to think ...it wasn't meant to be, another gorgeous magenta will turn up!!!! I have an 05 and an Amethyst and honestly they are very similar in colour, i also had the LE but didn't rate the leather on mine so sold it on. They do get listed often and you will find your dream bag and it will be much better than the ones you missed out on :smile:)))

I know this sounds like a cliche "But maybe it wasn't meant to be" I always tell my self this whenever things don't evolve or go the way I would like, As others said it will come along again soon enough..and victory will taste even sweeter! :smile:

Yep!! It wasn't meant to be. I lost my HG twice because of what I can only assume to be sellers remorse (yes, twice by the same seller) and I was so sad! The bag was pretty used and I still admired her pics everyday for a month. well, a few weeks ago I scored my HG bag in brand new condition from the sweetest most amazing seller/tPFer :yahoo:

My point is, it will turn up! And now you've learned a lesson...don't hesitate on your HG and most importantly, don't sleep through an auction's end! ;)

Oh, and I probably checked Ebay and Bonanzle every second, i mean at work, before bed, first thing waking up, and yes, sometimes in the middle of the night on my way back from the bathroom :shame:

Good luck to you, sorry this has happened! and BELIEVE me, even though your friends don't understand, all of us here know how disappointing this can be. Stay hopeful!

I'm sorry that you didn't get your HG. And I can totally feel for you. But don't worry, just stay focus, it'll definitely show up again. And meanwhile, maybe save up a little bit so you'll have funds ready whenever the magenta appear next time. GOOD LUCK!

Don`t worry, it is true what everybody says, your HG will come up again!
Next time try and contact the seller and see if you can do a BIN if it is an auction, that is my tried and true technique!
Hang in there, and think positive thoughts!
We have all been there, it is so frustrating.....I feel your pain, believe me!

Well ... get this one folks; this just happened to me:

Saw a major HG of mine on eBay, which had a BIN and/or Best Offer option. As I get up early in the morning, I immediately put in my Best Offer (which was not significantly lower than the BIN ... after all, I wanted to be reasonable and this was a fairly rare bag).

During the day, I got a message from the Seller counter-offering at $50 more than what I had put in as my best offer, but the Seller also wanted to do the transaction "off-eBay". Okay ... the extra $50 was not the problem, so I told the Seller ... "okay - I accept your terms, send me a Paypal Invoice and I will pay immediately". Seller said "okay"; I waited and waited for the Invoice ...

A few hours later, the Seller contacts me again ... and THEN tells me that she got another offer for more than than the amount that we had agreed to, and "IF" I would come up to that amount, then the bag would be mine! WTF?!?!?! I was beyond BS ... because we had an offer & acceptance, and I felt that what she was doing was "bait & switch" (you bait someone with a lower price and then when they say "oh - I want it", the Seller then asks for more). Bait & Switch, BTW ... is an ILLEGAL business practice!

Needless to say, I sent an email back to the Seller telling her that I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in what had just transpired and that in good conscience, I did not want to go through with the deal because I had believed that we had already had an offer/acceptance. I then got another email back saying "yes - so, sorry ..." but ultimately at the end of the day, she decided to sell it to someone else for more $$$.

You know what ... as much as I wanted that bag since it is a major-HG of mine, I don't want the bad karma associated with it. I would imagine that someone else here on TPF has gotten the bag, and I'm not mad at them at all, I'm just disappointed at this practice and wanted to let everyone know. BTW ... the Seller is/was a TPF member :wtf:!!!

CeeJay, that is just shocking!!! And to think that the seller is a tPF member!!! Unforgivable!!! It just goes to show what some people will do for money - throw away whatever shred of decency they have.

I wouldn't touch the bag, either, after an incident like that. And I would never be so hard-up for any bag that I'd stomach such treatment from a seller. You definitely did right to stay away.

:wtf:
Is or was a TPFer?
In any case CeeJay you did the best thing: this deal was also dangerous (buying outside of ebay or other safe methods always is). It's just unfair...when there's an offer and the buyer accepts, between normal and kind human beings the sale is done! Then there can be other problems (like non paying bidders and so on), but technically buyer and seller agreed on the terms of sale and so it's done.
The problem is that we can find rude people everywhere...even on tpf.

I'm sure your HG will pop up again sooner or later. And buying from nice people is always better. Good luck on your HG hunting!:nuts:

Well ... get this one folks; this just happened to me:

Saw a major HG of mine on eBay, which had a BIN and/or Best Offer option. As I get up early in the morning, I immediately put in my Best Offer (which was not significantly lower than the BIN ... after all, I wanted to be reasonable and this was a fairly rare bag).

During the day, I got a message from the Seller counter-offering at $50 more than what I had put in as my best offer, but the Seller also wanted to do the transaction "off-eBay". Okay ... the extra $50 was not the problem, so I told the Seller ... "okay - I accept your terms, send me a Paypal Invoice and I will pay immediately". Seller said "okay"; I waited and waited for the Invoice ...

A few hours later, the Seller contacts me again ... and THEN tells me that she got another offer for more than than the amount that we had agreed to, and "IF" I would come up to that amount, then the bag would be mine! WTF?!?!?! I was beyond BS ... because we had an offer & acceptance, and I felt that what she was doing was "bait & switch" (you bait someone with a lower price and then when they say "oh - I want it", the Seller then asks for more). Bait & Switch, BTW ... is an ILLEGAL business practice!

Needless to say, I sent an email back to the Seller telling her that I was EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in what had just transpired and that in good conscience, I did not want to go through with the deal because I had believed that we had already had an offer/acceptance. I then got another email back saying "yes - so, sorry ..." but ultimately at the end of the day, she decided to sell it to someone else for more $$$.

You know what ... as much as I wanted that bag since it is a major-HG of mine, I don't want the bad karma associated with it. I would imagine that someone else here on TPF has gotten the bag, and I'm not mad at them at all, I'm just disappointed at this practice and wanted to let everyone know. BTW ... the Seller is/was a TPF member :wtf:!!!