Love the Carly sig but hate that they are often replicated!

zumbagirl

Nov 18, 2007
Ok, so thanks for the feedback on the carly large/ vs. bleecker lg duffle. I must admit that I only hesitate on buying the carly (which I find cute and very trendy)because it is often replicated; and I don't want to be mistaken for a fake! I suppose I'm the only person feeling this way because this is the top seller right now; which is why it is the #1 replica also.

your thought Carly girls???????

Ok, so thanks for the feedback on the carly large/ vs. bleecker lg duffle. I must admit that I only hesitate on buying the carly (which I find cute and very trendy)because it is often replicated; and I don't want to be mistaken for a fake! I suppose I'm the only person feeling this way because this is the top seller right now; which is why it is the #1 replica also.

your thought Carly girls???????

the problem with buying designer items is that they are often replicated. dont let it get to you, wear your carly with pride because you know, and anyone who knows Coach, knows its real.

Well, it kind of bothers me, but most Coach bags (along with other brands) are replicated. For me I think that people that are savvy know right away if they are fake or not, and the others aren't people that would pay much attention to handbags anyway!!! I love my Carly, and I know it's real, and that's all that matters!!! :tup: Just wear what you want and be happy! :yes:

I know what ya mean. Sometimes I feel the same way, but buy what you love and don't worry about what people think. If anyone thought it was fake, then they don't know much about Coach.

Dude don't worry about what other people think. You know it's real and that's all that matters! I like the idea of putting some charms on it. Where I live there are fakes everywhere!!! I wear all my bags with pride because I know that they are authentic. So go ahead and get it! Buy what you LOVE regardless of other people! ;)

I'm in total agreement! I'm actually saving up for a Carly Sig myself, and it breaks my heart every time i see a fake (which is quite often, actually). Regardless, though, I'm getting the bag because I love it and not simply because it's Coach. It just makes me feel better that the bag I love just-so-happens to be Coach, too :smile:

You're carrying the bag for the look and not solely for the status right? So who cares if it's faked a lot. You know you have the real thing, and that's all that matters :smile:

(I should mention that I can't seem to cross apply this logic to the LV mono speedy's though. Those are just WAY WAY too prevalent and "classic" and you KNOW you're going to see those fakes FOREVER. *sighs*)

I have to admit that I see a lot of fake Carly's...some good, some not so much...

BTW, if you get a chance, check out the Deluxe: How Luxury Lost It's Luster post in the handbag forum. This book is amazing...still reading it...and it covers the very real human costs (child labor, selling of children/families) in one section of the book. I'm pretty sure most people have no idea just what happens in other countries in order for people to save a little cash on fakes...