Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

Question for love bracelet bangle owners--- so how many times have you taken yours off? And for what reason did you do it?

Mine fell off my wrist, thank goodness I was home. The screws would come lose daily, probably because I wear two and they hit each other. I took it to the boutique and had them put loctite on it, I haven't had anymore issues.

Thanks everyone for the replies! I really think they should have display Loves for clients to try on... It is an expensive item and how are we supposed to know if it will look nice on us if we can't try the actual thing on?! Plus they have the bracelets wrapped up in clear tape so it's not even shiny.. They really need to have display ones IMO! I understand that it's expensive so maybe they don't want everyone to try it on or whatever, but I went to look at Rolex watches today and I had 5+ watches in front of me to try on (and these watches are more expensive than the Loves!)!! Silly 'policy' I think but what can I do. This will be my 1st Cartier purchase so I don't currently have a relationship with an SA. This just seems like a bad cycle! How are first-time buyers supposed to purchase their first item if they don't have a relationship with an SA and can't try things on? :shrugs: Anyways, thanks again for the responses!

Hi, I've been allowed to try the real once both times I visited Cartier in US. First time in Chicago for 2 years ago, no problem, first they sized me with the love sizer, then I tried the real one in rose gold and did not buy (as I know now, it was stupid as the currency exchange rate was favourable then and price was lower...). Then I tried it again here in Boston for 2 weeks ago, also without any relationship with any particular SA. And it was a queue in Cartier in Boston. I've never seen a queue in a luxury jewellery store... Anyway, I've tried the real one and bought it :smile: Now contemplating on buying the white gold one.

I've also tried it once in Berlin, the same, the real one was mounted on my wrist promptly. I didn't buy it, but it bought the Love ear rings in rose gold.

It's very strange that some SA do not allow customers to try the real ones. While I had the sizer on me, I really hesitated, but once the real one was mounted, I was completely sold....
So it's in the interest of the business to let the customers to try the real ones.

Hi Everyone! I'm planning to purchase a YG Love bracelet this Wednesday but reading about how the screws on the new bracelet comes loose is worrying me. Is this still an issue or have they fixed it with the new batches?

Hi Everyone! I'm planning to purchase a YG Love bracelet this Wednesday but reading about how the screws on the new bracelet comes loose is worrying me. Is this still an issue or have they fixed it with the new batches?

Hi, I've got no problems with mine whatsoever. It's rather new though, I was advised to tighten the screws each 3rd day first couple of weeks, but it was no need. After the SA has put it on my wrist and screwed it, it stays very very tight. I hope it will stay this way, mine is in rose gold.
Good luck with your purchase:smile:

Hi, I've got no problems with mine whatsoever. It's rather new though, I was advised to tighten the screws each 3rd day first couple of weeks, but it was no need. After the SA has put it on my wrist and screwed it, it stays very very tight. I hope it will stay this way, mine is in rose gold.
Good luck with your purchase:smile:

Thank you for responding! The SA told me he will screw it on for me to make sure it stays tight but all those horror stories scared me. ;)

Hi, I've been allowed to try the real once both times I visited Cartier in US. First time in Chicago for 2 years ago, no problem, first they sized me with the love sizer, then I tried the real one in rose gold and did not buy (as I know now, it was stupid as the currency exchange rate was favourable then and price was lower...). Then I tried it again here in Boston for 2 weeks ago, also without any relationship with any particular SA. And it was a queue in Cartier in Boston. I've never seen a queue in a luxury jewellery store... Anyway, I've tried the real one and bought it :smile: Now contemplating on buying the white gold one.

I've also tried it once in Berlin, the same, the real one was mounted on my wrist promptly. I didn't buy it, but it bought the Love ear rings in rose gold.

It's very strange that some SA do not allow customers to try the real ones. While I had the sizer on me, I really hesitated, but once the real one was mounted, I was completely sold....
So it's in the interest of the business to let the customers to try the real ones.

Sounds like you had some great experiences with Cartier! I totally agree with you that it is in Cartier's best interest to let customers try the real ones. I might visit the store again soon and try again haha..

I also have this same question! I am planning on getting a YG Love as well within the next week or two but posts regarding the new screw system are scaring me :sad:

When I was in the boutique recently, the SAs have a system for screwing on the bracelet to insure the tightness so I would only trust them to put it on you (or have them check it). They start on one side, move to the other, back to the first side, then finish on the second side. There is definitely a method to it. I've read a few posts here from members that have had screw issues and it seems once they took the bracelet to a boutique and had their SA put it on, it hasn't moved.

I have so many positive things to say about all of the associates I've encountered at Cartier, particularly my SA, as well as the company in general. Express your concerns to them in the boutique and they will share stories, experiences, and give you the best advice on how to maintain the bracelet. I too had expressed concerns about the new screw system and my amazingly patient SA spent a lot of time with me on this topic, as well as the proper way to screw it on. She said the biggest culprit to the screws loosening was vibrations from other jewelry, as well as movement of your arm. She told me to check the screws every few days the first few weeks. And if they do loosen, be sure to tighten with the screw driver, not your finger nail. I think she knows I require a bit more hand-holding with big purchases than the average customer, and she is more than willing to accommodate my worry and over analyzing.

Last but not least, like Morrison said, be sure to INSURE it!