Cartier LOVE *Bracelet* Discussion Thread!

I was offered to try multiple combinations (i.e. YG,RG and WG) before i finally settled for my RG Love bracelet. When it came time to purchase, the SA brought out a new bracelet and undid protective tape in front of me for inspection. So i assumed tt the pieces they let me try on was maybe ment for display and sample only.

I was at the Valley Fair Cartier in San Jose this past Saturday, the SA let me tried on a couple of love bracelets. She sized my wrist then brought out a YG, a RG bracelet and a couple of cuffs for me to try on. Hmm.....how are you supposed to know if it looks good on you if they wouldn't allow you to try it on?

I was at the Valley Fair Cartier in San Jose this past Saturday, the SA let me tried on a couple of love bracelets. She sized my wrist then brought out a YG, a RG bracelet and a couple of cuffs for me to try on. Hmm.....how are you supposed to know if it looks good on you if they wouldn't allow you to try it on?

That's the store I shop at and will be making a few more purchases soon. I was allowed to try them on. Maybe it depends who helps you which shouldn't be the case.

My sales associate never even put the fake one on me. Maybe it depends on the store?

WTH?? Never. I have 3 Loves and always tried them on before buying. I even tried on YG and WG rainbow Loves and didn't buy them.

Yes, that is correct. The first time I went in they did not let me try it on. It wasn't until I had been to the store a few times that the sa let me try one on....and that was only because the manager wasn't in at the time. They really should have display loves for that purpose. I think the cuff fits differently and its nice to be able to compare the two while they are on your wrist. its kind of ridiculous to think you have to spend thousands of dollars for an item you can't even try on:wacko:

I think this differs from store to store, which isn't a great policy imo. The first time I went in my SA had me try on the sizer bracelet, which is a bit different from the actual bracelet fit. I did end up trying on the actual bracelet before I purchased but my SA and I had built a relationship and she knew I was serious about purchasing ~ as soon as she put the actual bracelet on it never came off! I think they try to make sure your a serious buyer. I would assume it's also a bit of a security issue because once they put it on, it's not easily removed.
I would guess once you establish a relationship with an SA you will be able to try on the actual bracelet. :smile:

hi, everyone! not a regular poster (but i'd like to start). anyway...

the first time i went to try on a bracelet was at valley fair in san jose and they only let me try on a sizer. second and third times were in vegas and they let me try on multiple real bracelets. i even asked the SA about my valley fair experience and she said it was odd because US stores allow you to try on real and intl policy is to try on sizers. THEN my sister went to a boutique in taipei and they let her try on multiple real ones. soooo... basically what everyone else said, it depends on the store/SA. maybe there's a little bit of discrimination involved (ie. if you "look" like you're going to buy one?).

Thanks everyone for the replies! I really think they should have display Loves for clients to try on... It is an expensive item and how are we supposed to know if it will look nice on us if we can't try the actual thing on?! Plus they have the bracelets wrapped up in clear tape so it's not even shiny.. They really need to have display ones IMO! I understand that it's expensive so maybe they don't want everyone to try it on or whatever, but I went to look at Rolex watches today and I had 5+ watches in front of me to try on (and these watches are more expensive than the Loves!)!! Silly 'policy' I think but what can I do. This will be my 1st Cartier purchase so I don't currently have a relationship with an SA. This just seems like a bad cycle! How are first-time buyers supposed to purchase their first item if they don't have a relationship with an SA and can't try things on? :shrugs: Anyways, thanks again for the responses!

That's the same question I have! :shrugs: Which did you end up getting? :smile:

I was offered to try multiple combinations (i.e. YG,RG and WG) before i finally settled for my RG Love bracelet. When it came time to purchase, the SA brought out a new bracelet and undid protective tape in front of me for inspection. So i assumed tt the pieces they let me try on was maybe ment for display and sample only.

That sounds like a lovely experience. It would make total sense if all Cartier stores operated this way!

That's the same question I have! :shrugs: Which did you end up getting? :smile:

I ended up buying a YG bracelet but it's still sitting in the box because I kept thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and get the one with diamonds. DH is already freaking out as it is because we scuba dive a lot and he doesn't think I should be wearing it when we're diving. I could just see his face if I tell him I lost my diamond love bracelet while diving.:nuts:

I ended up buying a YG bracelet but it's still sitting in the box because I kept thinking maybe I should bite the bullet and get the one with diamonds. DH is already freaking out as it is because we scuba dive a lot and he doesn't think I should be wearing it when we're diving. I could just see his face if I tell him I lost my diamond love bracelet while diving.:nuts:

Hi! I can get my bracelet on and off easy , it slips over my hand.

That said, go and get the diamonds. :smile:

It should be fine with your activities. :smile:

Hi! I can get my bracelet on and off easy , it slips over my hand.

That said, go and get the diamonds. :smile:

It should be fine with your activities. :smile:

Did you purposely get a larger size so you could slip it on and off? I never thought about that......DH thinks for practical reasons I should get the cuff but I know I will still want the bracelet if I get the cuff.

That's such a hard choice! If you scuba dive a lot, you probably don't want to be taking it on and off because you might wear down your screws... Diamonds are beautiful but if it were me, I might keep the plain YG bracelet so that you can still wear it when you scuba dive and not be ridiculously worried every time you go!

$3800 additional all US dollars for 4 diamonds is a major commitment, IMO. So I can see Mackennas concern. I would try and figure out if the ocean or your specific activities involving salt water is more harsh on diamonds or not. My SA said I can wear my RG one to the beach or swimming but I don't have diamonds so I'm not sure if that would change anything.
I also only use sulfate free body wash--- so I'm pretty neurotic as it is. [emoji23]

Last edited:

Why not just insure it?