Love my Rouge Zippy, But Leather Not Soft! ??

DesignerElla

Too Addicted
O.G.
Jan 30, 2006
Here is my dream winter bag, Chloe' Rouge Small Bouler.

Love the colour. Every authenticy part checks out (although I want to take one more photo inside the strap part, the wrinkle sticks out more, I'm hoping that's okay).

But she's not very soft... I'm hoping she'll soften up with time. I've been spoiled by my first Paddy, but actually, the two other Chloes I've received have buttery leather. Should I be worried? She's 2006, but so is my Choco.

Well, here she is!

Attachments

• 100_1315.JPG
    100_1315.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 208
First of all congrats on a stunning bag!
My rouge paddy from 06 isn't very soft either although she has already softened up a bit.
My chocolate from 05 is divine and buttery soft and there is a huge difference in leather between that one and my rouge paddy. My gris vert from 06 is much softer than the rouge but still don't hold a candle to my chocolate.
I don't think that you should be worried by the fact that it isn't very soft as my rouge paddy also fits your describtion. I purchased mine from LVR so I have no doubts about it's authenticy. It is still a beautiful bag even though the leather isn't as delicios as some of the other paddington bags.
I think she will soften up more with time.

Congrats on your purchase! Rouge is gorgeous! I have a rouge paddy and the leather is kind of stiff too. She's still new, but I'm sure it will soften as I use her.

I know exactly what you mean. My DH gave me a large zippy in blanc right after x-mas and it was very stiff leather in comparison to my paddy. It was also TREMENDOUS.... I like big bags, but this actually looked like luggage!! I ended up returning it because I wasn't in love...
I do like it the red though and I like it cuz it seems like a good size...
Enjoy!

That zippy is TDF! Maybe with wear it will soften up a big. But if you don't love it, return it! There will always be another bag to sweep you off of your feet!

The color is amazing. I love reddish hued handbags. It is true that 2006 bags are much stiffer than earlier '06s and even more stiff than '05s. Nothing compares to 2005 leather. Anyhow, with time and use the bag will soften up tremendously.

Then, like LV patina, you can know that the leather it eventually acquires is particular to your use. And that's a great feeling!

Oh, I think it's gorgeous! It will definitely soften up as you use it. The leather since '05 has gotten progessively less squishy, (read cheaper!) even though the prices have gone up. But it looks gorgeous, and it will still be the best bag in the room:smile: BTW, has anyone seen the red in the LARGE zippy??? I would LOVE that.:nuts: