Love my new Vintage Western Handbag! Yee haw!

Cowgirl Happy

Aug 19, 2008
This is my first post and I'm so excited! I'm am a purse NUT! Not just an ordinary purse nut, but I love recycled, well used, reused and anything with a history. I just bought my first Cowboy Boot purse. Not only is it incredible, it's one of a kind and signed by the artist. I first saw her work displayed at Power of the Purse in Portland Oregon, a fundraiser for at risk girls. I hear she will be designing a purse for a celebrity for the function this year and can't wait to see what she comes up with. Anyway, my purse is number #606. I call it a "Cowgirl Bucket Purse" It holds everything. The boots were from the 60's, worn by a bull rider! The handle is made from braided horse hobbles. I want to scream! It's soooo cute! Oh, you can see more at her website... www.diamond57.com (is this ok to put a link??)
Happy Trails!

image.img

Oh I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

I too love bags that are "recycled, well used, reused and anything with a history." Unfortunately I don't have many like that in my collection. Except a rather strange, funereal-looking black silk draw-string bag my great grandmother hand-stitched rather haphazardly during the Spanish flu epidemic. :wtf:

Wow! I really, really love that purse! Yee Haw!!! I wish I could rock more western bags where I live, but it just doesn't work for me. The closest I get to that look is Brighton.

I like it! I've seen similar at a western store called Smith and Edwards in Box Elder County. We were there to buy saddles and I was drooling over the bags. Figures, doesn't it?

I really love the cowboy boot purses on her web site (at diamond57.com) and several are calling to me. These are great purses if you go dancing. Just wish those cowboys had fatter calves so the purses would be a big bigger. ;)