Love my new Sella handbag!!

Jun 5, 2007
I just received my Sella handbag and I love it!!! I bought it on bluefly.com and it's from the first issue of the Sella line (no fringe and it is more east/west than north/south) I had been eyeing this bag since they first came out and went back and forth between black and the burnt brown color. When the newer styles came out I noticed that this satchel shape was getting harder to find, but I lucked out finding it on bluefly. It arrived in perfect condition and was priced at $1399.00 (original price $1995.00). This is listed as the large size and it's a little over 15 inches across. Saks has the same style bag, listed as medium, 14 inches across at $1845. If any of you are considering this bag and haven't a chance to see it in person, I must say I think it is stunning. The leather is silky smooth, supple and gorgeous, the bag is roomy without being too much on the 'tote' side and it has the detachable shoulder strap so many ladies prefer. Like many of you I am a 'bagaholic' and I get more compliments on my Tod's bags than any other. No obvious labels or logos, just high quality leathers, good workmanship, timeless colors and understated but tasteful style (IMHO....!)

Attachments

• photo 2 (2) (1024x1024).jpg
    photo 2 (2) (1024x1024).jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 741
Yoga clothes aren't the ideal outfit to wear with the bag :smile: but here is a shot for size comparison. Also, as the bag recalls the craftsmanship of fine saddles, I tied on a horse themed Hermes twilly.

Attachments

• photo 3 (2) (768x1024).jpg
    photo 3 (2) (768x1024).jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 733
  • photo 2 (3) (768x1024).jpg
    photo 2 (3) (768x1024).jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 730
Congrats Cocobean! I love your Sella. May I ask if the handles fold down flat when you are using your shoulder strap? It looks like they would, but wanted to clarify. I second Tiphaine, your Sequences twilly is perfect with Ms. Sella.

Congrats Cocobean! I love your Sella. May I ask if the handles fold down flat when you are using your shoulder strap? It looks like they would, but wanted to clarify. I second Tiphaine, your Sequences twilly is perfect with Ms. Sella.
Yes the handles easily fold down and lie flat if you want to use the shoulder strap, which is adjustable.

It really is gorgeous and it looks great on you! I think I'm falling in love with Tod's bags, so understated and elegant.

The amount of Tod's bags in my collection are starting to outnumber all the other designers. I can only speak for own experience, but I have never once had an issue with quality in the handbags or customer service at their boutiques. I also highly recommend their outlet stores :smile:

The amount of Tod's bags in my collection are starting to outnumber all the other designers. I can only speak for own experience, but I have never once had an issue with quality in the handbags or customer service at their boutiques. I also highly recommend their outlet stores :smile:

:smile: I've seen Tod's bags at a local Nordstrom and always admired them. And, I have to admit that I have not 1 but 2 bags coming to me next week from Cabazon! I will post pics when they arrive. Since they are final sale, I'm hoping I love them.

:smile: I've seen Tod's bags at a local Nordstrom and always admired them. And, I have to admit that I have not 1 but 2 bags coming to me next week from Cabazon! I will post pics when they arrive. Since they are final sale, I'm hoping I love them.
What bags did you order? Even though they are final sale from the outlet, you can always list a Tod's bag on ebay, they sell pretty quick and for a decent price, at least in my experience :smile:

What bags did you order? Even though they are final sale from the outlet, you can always list a Tod's bag on ebay, they sell pretty quick and for a decent price, at least in my experience :smile:

I got the D Styling bauletto piccolo in a beautiful burgundy color (not sure of the exact name of the color). It has a slight sheen to it and looks very much like the pic that Tod's is using on their site right now for the D Styling bag.

And I got the DD medium bowler bag in midnight blue. That's the one I'm not sure about but I love navy, love the bag's slightly more casual silhouette so hopefully it will work. Both bags are really fall/winter colors though I think I can use the midnight bag pretty much year round.

I've seen both the bags you bought and I think the colors are gorgeous. I like dark blue in summer, looks great against white (and better than black for daytime)

Yes, exactly my thought. I love dark blue/navy year round and I tend to use it a lot in the summer in place of black. ETA: I'm happy to hear that you have seen both and like both colors! Yay! It's always a little traumatic to buy a bag without having had the chance to see the color in person first lol.

I just received my Sella handbag and I love it!!! I bought it on bluefly.com and it's from the first issue of the Sella line (no fringe and it is more east/west than north/south) I had been eyeing this bag since they first came out and went back and forth between black and the burnt brown color. When the newer styles came out I noticed that this satchel shape was getting harder to find, but I lucked out finding it on bluefly. It arrived in perfect condition and was priced at $1399.00 (original price $1995.00). This is listed as the large size and it's a little over 15 inches across. Saks has the same style bag, listed as medium, 14 inches across at $1845. If any of you are considering this bag and haven't a chance to see it in person, I must say I think it is stunning. The leather is silky smooth, supple and gorgeous, the bag is roomy without being too much on the 'tote' side and it has the detachable shoulder strap so many ladies prefer. Like many of you I am a 'bagaholic' and I get more compliments on my Tod's bags than any other. No obvious labels or logos, just high quality leathers, good workmanship, timeless colors and understated but tasteful style (IMHO....!)
Looks classy!