Love Me Midi Dark Grey~scuffed corners & 4.5" depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsrk

In deo speramus
Oct 15, 2007
Hello ladies!

Who was in on the bespoke order for the Love Me Midi in Matte Dark Grey?

Mine arrived with four scuffed corners, and so too did Karenina's.

Who else received this bag?

Those who received it, what do your corners look like?

Also, I thought the depth of this bag would measure 5.25", and when I measure the rigid base from front to back on mine, it measures 4.5", which does NOT include the front and back edges of the leather stitched onto it.

Any thoughts, feedback, comments, remarks, observations?

Mine had scuffed corners too, but I used some conditioner on them and there's no sign of scuffing. I also noticed the depth of the panel is 4.5" (maybe 5" if you include the depth outside of the panel). I wasn't in on the original order so I wasn't aware of the expected depth. I'm happy with the depth of my bag when I carry it though.

Thanks citychris ~ great to know this!! Originally, the depth was 5.25", and I am just fine with what I received.

Hmmm...I'm wondering if the stitchers in the Italian workshop use a corner template as they stitch the bags, to ensure each corner is perfect. This could very well explain the scuffed corners.

Thanks for sharing! :yes:

Mine had scuffed corners too, but I used some conditioner on them and there's no sign of scuffing. I also noticed the depth of the panel is 4.5" (maybe 5" if you include the depth outside of the panel). I wasn't in on the original order so I wasn't aware of the expected depth. I'm happy with the depth of my bag when I carry it though.

Hello ladies!

Who was in on the bespoke order for the Love Me Midi in Matte Dark Grey?

Mine arrived with four scuffed corners, and so too did Karenina's.

Who else received this bag?

Those who received it, what do your corners look like?

Also, I thought the depth of this bag would measure 5.25", and when I measure the rigid base from front to back on mine, it measures 4.5", which does NOT include the front and back edges of the leather stitched onto it.

Any thoughts, feedback, comments, remarks, observations?

Hi dsrk!

Well, as you know I'm still undecided, and not received mine as yet. I wish originally though, that I had not rushed into it, and now realise that it is important, to make sure EVERYONE is involved throughout the whole 'bespoke' process from start to finish, and their input duly considered.... hindsight's such a wonderful thing!!

However, when I contacted Jackie to relay my concerns a while back, this was part of her response;

"In any case, the bag is NOT at all boxy, it is very slouchy and actually the
perfect size. Light but still roomy, exactly like the LM but just a bit
smaller. So I am just curious, why do you think it looks like the LMM? It
doesn't to me. The only comparison is the depth, but I repeatedly said that I would have made the bag deeper and no-one would listen :smile:. But actually I do like it as it is"

Maybe that might shed a bit more light on the 'depth', however I don't know what to say about the scuffed corners? :confused1:

I just bought the gray! I hope the scuffing isn't too bad. My purple had no scuffing but my pink fuschia did :sad: although I still love it. It'd be nice if the workshop check the bag and maybe conditioned up the corners before shipping it.

Mine had no scuffed corners at all.

The hard bit of the base is 4.5" but when you included the slight rolling of the side panels, it is 5.25 if not a bit over. I don't know how they work these things out though!

I don't think the bag is boxy at all and I love it. I think the depth is just perfect for it and I'm a bit concerned that people are having problems, as I love mine to bits!!!

Tash1 ~ I agree...after viewing Lady Contessa's Fuchsia LMM countless times, this new LM Midi doesn't look like the LMM ~ its overall shape is different. And, no, it is definitely NOT boxy.

More than anything, I was curious as to why it shifted from 5.25" depth to the 4.5" depth that arrived. I'm wondering what happened between then and now?

I'm perfectly fine with its 4.5" depth, although, I wasn't expecting it. And, I do recall some ladies insisting upon a thinner depth profile.

I'm petite so the thinner profile works for me.

And, as for the scuffed corners, I suspect the Italian workshop stitchers use a corner template to ensure exact specs so no corners are slightly off.

I do wish, however, there was a good once over inspection on each and every bag to address the scuffs, ensure there are no spilt glue drops/streaks/globs on the silk fucshia lining, etc. These are quality control issues that ought to be defined and standardized in Jackie's BE bags...anyone concur? Also, it will save time from repairs, exchanges, credits, disappointment, unhappiness, or whatever.

I think getting it right the first time is best, although of course we don't know what we really love or like until it actually arrives and we get to see/feel/smell in IRL and try it on! :yes:

Hi dsrk!

Well, as you know I'm still undecided, and not received mine as yet. I wish originally though, that I had not rushed into it, and now realise that it is important, to make sure EVERYONE is involved throughout the whole 'bespoke' process from start to finish, and their input duly considered.... hindsight's such a wonderful thing!!

However, when I contacted Jackie to relay my concerns a while back, this was part of her response;

"In any case, the bag is NOT at all boxy, it is very slouchy and actually the
perfect size. Light but still roomy, exactly like the LM but just a bit
smaller. So I am just curious, why do you think it looks like the LMM? It
doesn't to me. The only comparison is the depth, but I repeatedly said that I would have made the bag deeper and no-one would listen :smile:. But actually I do like it as it is"

Maybe that might shed a bit more light on the 'depth', however I don't know what to say about the scuffed corners? :confused1:

When those people who received their Dark Grey LMMidis made their first post on the forum, I don't remember any one complaining about scuffed corners. Karenina, Suzi, TejasMama.....and others.....I don't remember hearing any comments about the corners being scuffed.

I'll say this....when I receive my handbags....ANY handbag, I do a complete inspection. If I'm not 100% happy, it gets returned or I contact the place I purchased it from.

For the record, aside from a few minor scuffs on my Fuschia LMM, I've had NO problems with BE bags. Admittedly, my Black Crash LM does show some wear on the bottom corners, but after 3 months of use, I expect it.

I also want to add that when I had my Dark Grey LM, it did have some marks
on the leather...almost resembling light lines, but I know this was something that was part of the leather and it actually in my opinion, adds to the beauty of it. Scuffing, and depending on the degree, is a different matter altogether. I would have contacted Jackie right away......I don't really know if there's anything she can do at this point once the bag has arrived several days ago.

Hi everyone,

Good news to hear that the dark grey midi does not look boxy and that it is indeed slouchy. Once I saw Tejasmama's pictures, I felt it looked exactly like my LM. Actually, I would have taken it for my LM if I didn't know better. I think the boxy scare began when we were all discussing dimensions and some of the ladies were raising points of getting that pretty "gathered" effect the LM has. I"m glad to hear, we achieved it!

Bad news to hear about the scuff marks. To be honest, I wouldn't worry that a couple days have passed. I would contact Jackie immediately. She would want to know about these issues. I"m guilty of not examining my handbag perfectly when they arrive. I will do a quick glance over and then just walk out the door with it. (Not anymore)

The important part is that Jackie is made aware of these issues regardless of the time lapse IMO. She would want to know about quality control issues to help prevent it from happening again!

Lady Contessa ~ Karenina thought she scuffed all four corners when she took a tumble down a couple stairs with her new bag. I inquired and informed her mine arrived with four scuffed corners, so she re-examined her bags and concluded that she could not have scuffed all four during her tumble, and, that, it must have arrived this way. paintednightsky said her fucshia bag arrived with scuffed corners. And, Sukey said her new Glossy Apple Green LMM just arrived with scuffed corners.

So, this said, it seems to me that scuffed corners are not uncommon, as it has appeared at least three times in the newly released Dark Grey Love Me Midi: me, citychris, Karenina; once in Fucshia: paintednightsky; and once in Glossy Apply Green: Sukey.

I have contacted Jackie to inquire about this. I also wonder how particular some ladies are compared to others. I inspect my bags closely inside and out, and I know some just do a quick once-over.

And, for me, this begs other questions: what quality standards do we expect? How particular are we as consumers when we buy our handbags? What exactly do we mean when we say a bag is of excellent or fine quality?

Thanks ladies for sharing your concerns, insights, feedback, etc.!

When those people who received their Dark Grey LMMidis made their first post on the forum, I don't remember any one complaining about scuffed corners. Karenina, Suzi, TejasMama.....and others.....I don't remember hearing any comments about the corners being scuffed.

I'll say this....when I receive my handbags....ANY handbag, I do a complete inspection. If I'm not 100% happy, it gets returned or I contact the place I purchased it from.

For the record, aside from a few minor scuffs on my Fuschia LMM, I've had NO problems with BE bags. Admittedly, my Black Crash LM does show some wear on the bottom corners, but after 3 months of use, I expect it.

I also want to add that when I had my Dark Grey LM, it did have some marks
on the leather...almost resembling light lines, but I know this was something that was part of the leather and it actually in my opinion, adds to the beauty of it. Scuffing, and depending on the degree, is a different matter altogether. I would have contacted Jackie right away......I don't really know if there's anything she can do at this point once the bag has arrived several days ago.

Lady Contessa ~ Karenina thought she scuffed all four corners when she took a tumble down a couple stairs with her new bag. I inquired and informed her mine arrived with four scuffed corners, so she re-examined her bags and concluded that she could not have scuffed all four during her tumble, and, that, it must have arrived this way. paintednightsky said her fucshia bag arrived with scuffed corners. And, Sukey said her new Glossy Apple Green LMM just arrived with scuffed corners.

So, this said, it seems to me that scuffed corners are not uncommon, as it has appeared at least three times in the newly released Dark Grey Love Me Midi: me, citychris, Karenina; once in Fucshia: paintednightsky; and once in Glossy Apply Green: Sukey.

I have contacted Jackie to inquire about this. I also wonder how particular some ladies are compared to others. I inspect my bags closely inside and out, and I know some just do a quick once-over.

And, for me, this begs other questions: what quality standards do we expect? How particular are we as consumers when we buy our handbags? What exactly do we mean when we say a bag is of excellent or fine quality?

Thanks ladies for sharing your concerns, insights, feedback, etc.!

:goodpost:x

I am one of those who closely examines all of my bags upon arrival. If it is less than perfect than I am not happy. I am especially careful about examining a new bag. If it is used, of course I will overlook any minor issues but a new bag to me should be perfect upon arrival. Especially at this price point. Let us know what Jackie says.

lovebags2 ~ thanks for chiming in here! Yeah, I won't sweat the number of days that have passed, as I have not even used this bag yet. Jackie is accessible and receptive, so I'll wait to hear what she says and post back here.

The scuffed corners make the bag appear as if it had been worn/used, although the rest of it looks pretty great!

I will say that I am very particular about such things and don't expect to encounter them ~ especially considering the price of the bags.

Also, as a quick aside, another quality control/assurance matter arose ~ gga's bag arrived with some sticky glue on the silk fucshia lining of her bag. She's not griping, as she's just trying to figure out how to remove it. Nonetheless, for quality control/assurance purposes, her bag should have arrived with pristine silk fuchsia lining sans the glue.

As lovebags2 so aptly stated, we need to discuss them openly, honestly, and clearly, and relay this info back to Jackie so we can prevent this from happening again or repeatedly, as is seemingly the case with the scuffed corners.

Bad news to hear about the scuff marks. To be honest, I wouldn't worry that a couple days have passed. I would contact Jackie immediately. She would want to know about these issues. I"m guilty of not examining my handbag perfectly when they arrive. I will do a quick glance over and then just walk out the door with it. (Not anymore)

The important part is that Jackie is made aware of these issues regardless of the time lapse IMO. She would want to know about quality control issues to help prevent it from happening again!

Status
Not open for further replies.