Love Me Midi Dark Grey~scuffed corners & 4.5" depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do kings_20, will do!

I am one of those who closely examines all of my bags upon arrival. If it is less than perfect than I am not happy. I am especially careful about examining a new bag. If it is used, of course I will overlook any minor issues but a new bag to me should be perfect upon arrival. Especially at this price point. Let us know what Jackie says.

DSRK - Yes, you have raised here very good points. But, I think it's also important to realize, we all have different tolerance levels. I agree a new handbag, should arrive in pristine condition.

That said, I am sure that some of my handbags have arrived with markings on them and I just walked out the door and was happy because to my eye, it wasn't very obvious. Whereas, it might have bothered another person. You see?

Then there was a time that I did receive a wine SM that had quite a significant crease that did bother me. I immediately contacted Jackie and she was wondeful about sending a replacement. But, it might not have upset anyone else.

It's just all about comfort zones and I don't think there really is a right or wrong answer on how one goes about defining "fine" quality. The definition will vary from person to person.

If we were to define fine quality from the number of markings I"ve received on my BE handbags, BE might not qualify. However; I feel that BE is a very fine handbag!

I look at high quality from many variables. I'm sure you do as well because you raised a "fine" question!

Lady Contessa, for the sake of clarity, these are definitely scuffs, where the color of the leather is literally scuffed off the corner where the leather creases.

I improved one of them by rubbing my fingertip over it. The others, no dice, it is the leather beneath the very top surface that is exposed as the surface color has come off.

Another thing...those who receive their bags with scuffed corners are mentioning it almost as in passing, with the exception of Sukey who is clearly bummed about it, and myself as I am surprised a few of us here have received new bags with scuffed corners; so, this could explain why the scuffed corners aren't coming across as any major concern.

Or, perhaps a better solution would be a complimentary small tin of colored wax to match the bag, so we may touch up the bags once we start using them, in case we scuff them ourselves with repeated use. What do you ladies think about this?

You're absolutely right Contessa...those of us who received bags with scuffed corners need to inform Jackie, so she can find out what her Italian manufacturer is doing to cause this. It could be a very simple solution of simply rubbing some colored waxes on the corners after production, as a touch-up.

When those people who received their Dark Grey LMMidis made their first post on the forum, I don't remember any one complaining about scuffed corners. Karenina, Suzi, TejasMama.....and others.....I don't remember hearing any comments about the corners being scuffed.

I'll say this....when I receive my handbags....ANY handbag, I do a complete inspection. If I'm not 100% happy, it gets returned or I contact the place I purchased it from.

For the record, aside from a few minor scuffs on my Fuschia LMM, I've had NO problems with BE bags. Admittedly, my Black Crash LM does show some wear on the bottom corners, but after 3 months of use, I expect it.

I also want to add that when I had my Dark Grey LM, it did have some marks
on the leather...almost resembling light lines, but I know this was something that was part of the leather and it actually in my opinion, adds to the beauty of it. Scuffing, and depending on the degree, is a different matter altogether. I would have contacted Jackie right away......I don't really know if there's anything she can do at this point once the bag has arrived several days ago.

lovebags2 ~ yes, this is clearly a subjective personal matter between a range of varying expectations.

I LOVE the character traits of the leather unique to each hide...to be clear, this is not what I'm talking about.

What I am talking about is the quality of the manufacturing. I don't expect "perfection" in the sense of a cookier-cutter mass-produced, machine-made good or product...this is not what I'm saying at all.

What I do mean are things such as scuffed corners, spilt glue on fabric, color discrepancy, peeling color, loose stitching, and the like. While I don't expect perfection, I don't expect to encounter these things either. This is what I mean when I say quality control/assurance, and considering what we pay, this isn't expecting too much.

Basically, as a relatively new handbag producer in the highly competitve world of fashion, this is something Jackie will encounter and has. How it's prevented and/or addressed/resolved is the real issue here...well, aside from the scuffed corners' matter, which is a prime example for this discussion we're having.

We want BE bags and we want to be 100% satisfied. :yes:

DSRK - Yes, you have raised here very good points. But, I think it's also important to realize, we all have different tolerance levels. I agree a new handbag, should arrive in pristine condition.

That said, I am sure that some of my handbags have arrived with markings on them and I just walked out the door and was happy because to my eye, it wasn't very obvious. Whereas, it might have bothered another person. You see?

Then there was a time that I did receive a wine SM that had quite a significant crease that did bother me. I immediately contacted Jackie and she was wondeful about sending a replacement. But, it might not have upset anyone else.

It's just all about comfort zones and I don't think there really is a right or wrong answer on how one goes about defining "fine" quality. The definition will vary from person to person.

If we were to define fine quality from the number of markings I"ve received on my BE handbags, BE might not qualify. However; I feel that BE is a very fine handbag!

I look at high quality from many variables. I'm sure you do as well because you raised a "fine" question!

DSRK, I agree with everything you said. That's why when I received a wine SM with a significant crease, I contacted Jackie immediately. I felt the same as you and still do!:smile:

Keep us posted how this resolves.

Good Luck!

Just a little off topic, what do you think of the dark grey today, scuff marks aside?

Lady Contessa, for the sake of clarity, these are definitely scuffs, where the color of the leather is literally scuffed off the corner where the leather creases.

I improved one of them by rubbing my fingertip over it. The others, no dice, it is the leather beneath the very top surface that is exposed as the surface color has come off.

Another thing...those who receive their bags with scuffed corners are mentioning it almost as in passing, with the exception of Sukey who is clearly bummed about it, and myself as I am surprised a few of us here have received new bags with scuffed corners; so, this could explain why the scuffed corners aren't coming across as any major concern.

Or, perhaps a better solution would be a complimentary small tin of colored wax to match the bag, so we may touch up the bags once we start using them, in case we scuff them ourselves with repeated use. What do you ladies think about this?

You're absolutely right Contessa...those of us who received bags with scuffed corners need to inform Jackie, so she can find out what her Italian manufacturer is doing to cause this. It could be a very simple solution of simply rubbing some colored waxes on the corners after production, as a touch-up.

I mentioned it in passing because I was able to resolve it. However, I very cautiously applied the conditioner to one corner at first before removing the plastic security tie. If that hadn't helped, I would have contacted Jackie.

I like the idea about the colored wax to match the bag. I wish I had some in wine since the corners of my wine LM and SM could definitely use it.

lovebags2 ~ I LOVE the Dark Grey!!! And, the more I look at this bag, the more I LOVE it as a whole (sans the corner scuffs)!!!

To shed further clarity, I loved it when it arrived, in the sense of its DIVINE ethereal aroma, color, size, shape, straps (OMG, they are TDF!!!), lining, zipper pulls, gate rings, compartments, pockets...you see, I love/loved it for its individual components...and am beginning to love it in its entirety as a whole, if this makes any sense to you.

I originally had the IY and IYT...very different bags...sleeper designs, if you ask me. They are far too FAB ~ instantly, I was awestruck by them both. And I wasn't with the arrival of this Dark Grey LM Midi. So, the IY series are my referent and sort of a standard for me, if you KWIM.

Also, to be fair, my Dark Grey LM Midi arrived in the midst of the magpie! debacle...I was not in a good or fair mood when it arrived, so I had to detach myself from this unpleasant situation and take my time getting to know my new Dark Grey LM Midi...as I did not want my first experience and encounter with my new treasure to be colored by any residual remnants of the previous horror, which is now happily behind us. (I wish her much joy, happiness, good spirits, excellent health, and a supportive structure for her, BTW, as she deserves it!!! :yes:).

So, over the days, my Dark Grey LM Midi has grown on me...as another put it so sweetly, my love for her is blooming (credit to pinkdiamond)!!!:girlsigh:

DSRK, I agree with everything you said. That's why when I received a wine SM with a significant crease, I contacted Jackie immediately. I felt the same as you and still do!:smile:

Keep us posted how this resolves.

Good Luck!

Just a little off topic, what do you think of the dark grey today, scuff marks aside?

Ah, thank you citychris!

I am wondering how the scuffs were made during production, to explore the possibility of making a small correction to prevent it. Or, alternatively, a solution to address it after the bags are produced.

So, my point is not to complain for its own sake, but to prevent/resolve/address this situation so it doesn't become a sore point for anyone. This, I think, will prevent disappointment, unhappiness, uncertainty, etc. Also, with a solution already in hand (e.g., a complimentary small tin of matching colored wax for touch-ups), potential BE buyers/lovers will feel comfortable buying at least once, if not more.

From what I've read here, so many discuss the specs of the actual (and literal) product in hand; however, I don't see (or haven't encountered) them talking about what they want to see in customer service or quality control/assurance. Instead, it seems to be quickly categorized as something else, rather than one of many facets of the BE consumer experience.

It's often been discussed here about Jackie's excellent customer service ~ and it is...what I would like to see is this same level of commitment and enthusiasm about quality control/assurance...to perhaps keep her Italian workshop sub-contractor a bit more on the ball!

What do you think? What does anyone think about this?

I mentioned it in passing because I was able to resolve it. However, I very cautiously applied the conditioner to one corner at first before removing the plastic security tie. If that hadn't helped, I would have contacted Jackie.

I like the idea about the colored wax to match the bag. I wish I had some in wine since the corners of my wine LM and SM could definitely use it.

All these recent posts about scuffed cornors and glue inside the bag has me worried. I do expect to recieve a perfect, pristine bag. that is why I was interested in BE in the first place. the bags were beautiful and everyone spoke of the wonderful customer service and Quality with these bags. I hope that is what I recieve.

Well, I did approach this subject a while back with Jackie, as a general query/concern over leather care/quality. Whilst there was that isolated incident with Sara's bag (sorry to bring this up again!), several ladies DID actually have issues with the corners of their bags. I feel some people have completely dismissed the importance of the quality control issue, and mistaken it for 'complaining and whingeing', which clearly it is not, as it seems to be an ongoing issue! But, I guess, until it actually 'happens' to them, it's not anyones problem! :shrugs:

Ah, yes, interesting Tash1! I do recall that you contacted Jackie and that she replied to you. If you wouldn't mind, would you please be so kind to find her response and post it here? I do know it assuaged the concerns of many, mine included.

Well, quality control/assurances should not be confused or relegated to the categories of complaining or whining. We should be ladies first and foremost, and approach these issues honestly with an open mind without casting judgment or placing blame...the latter of two which breed bad sentiments and unfounded fears rather than identify working solutions to gain mutual satisfaction for both consumer and producer/merchant.

Well, I did approach this subject a while back with Jackie, as a general query/concern over leather care/quality. Whilst there was that isolated incident with Sara's bag (sorry to bring this up again!), several ladies DID actually have issues with the corners of their bags. I feel some people have completely dismissed the importance of the quality control issue, and mistaken it for 'complaining and whingeing', which clearly it is not, as it seems to be an ongoing issue! But, I guess, until it actually 'happens' to them, it's not anyones problem! :shrugs:

dyannek ~ please do not worry yourself prematurely. Wait until you receive your bag and examine it before drawing conclusions. If you indeed have issues that warrant contacting Jackie immediately, then do so, and together you will both discuss and arrange a suitable resolution.

All these recent posts about scuffed cornors and glue inside the bag has me worried. I do expect to recieve a perfect, pristine bag. that is why I was interested in BE in the first place. the bags were beautiful and everyone spoke of the wonderful customer service and Quality with these bags. I hope that is what I recieve.

I received mine but had already contacted jackie about returning it and putting my monies towards a TME midi in the dark grey glossy - so instead, i shipped it to another customer herein the states. I did take it out to check it out but i honestly didn't check the corners nor the inside, simply because i knew i probably wasn't keeping it

but i will from now on!

Thanks annvaldivia! Yes, we should all examine more closely so we can collectively manage/address/resolve these quality control/assurance matters as they arise, prevent those that are preventable from repeating, and find workable solutions for the rest.

annvaldivia, what do think about receiving a complimentary small tin of matching colored wax with each of your BE bags, so that you may touch them up in the future in the unforeseen event of scuffs or scratches? Would you find this useful?

I know I would...and if I had some right now, I would rub it on the corners of my new Dark Grey LM Midi!!! :yes:

I received mine but had already contacted jackie about returning it and putting my monies towards a TME midi in the dark grey glossy - so instead, i shipped it to another customer herein the states. I did take it out to check it out but i honestly didn't check the corners nor the inside, simply because i knew i probably wasn't keeping it

but i will from now on!

The complementary wax is a great idea!! That way we can touch up our bags and keep tehm looking new. I am all for that idea as it seems the corners are prone to scuffing over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.