Love, Love, Love This Bag!!!

jjrz1037

Mar 6, 2006
I just received my Hayden Harnett Mercer in Luggage. Can I just say I looovvvvee this bag :love: :love: :love: ! I paid under $400 for it. I got a first time buyer discount of 15%. It is so buttery soft. It has plenty of room yet doesn't look like I'm carring a suitcase. Beautiful! :love: It came wonderfully packaged and had another 15% off coupon for my next purchase. I called the store to ask if I should put something on it to protect the leather. She told me to take it to a professional "shoe repair" shop and ask what they recommend for it. If I buy something, try it on a small spot inside the bag first. Some of you have said the bag had some marks on it. I did notice 2 little marks. The girl told me that the leather is washed and will have some marking but it is the charm of the bag. It does NOT take away from the beauty of it! I bought a Chloe bag a few weeks agao and returned it. I did like the soft leather but the bag was too heavy. The price was a little heavy too! I am so glad I took it back. This bag is equally, IMO, as nice and with the change I bought a Balenciaga and still have a little left from the 2 bags to start saving for my next one.

I have read that some of these companies that make bags start small and reasonable and then when they get popular, they get pricey. I hope that doesn't happen with HH. I should buy another, maybe in black, before the word gets out.

Did I tell you I love this bag?:love: :love: :love: ...Jacquee

jjrz1037 said:
I just received my Hayden Harnett Mercer in Luggage. Can I just say I looovvvvee this bag :love: :love: :love: ! I paid under $400 for it. I got a first time buyer discount of 15%. It is so buttery soft. It has plenty of room yet doesn't look like I'm carring a suitcase. Beautiful! :love: It came wonderfully packaged and had another 15% off coupon for my next purchase. I called the store to ask if I should put something on it to protect the leather. She told me to take it to a professional "shoe repair" shop and ask what they recommend for it. If I buy something, try it on a small spot inside the bag first. Some of you have said the bag had some marks on it. I did notice 2 little marks. The girl told me that the leather is washed and will have some marking but it is the charm of the bag. It does NOT take away from the beauty of it! I bought a Chloe bag a few weeks agao and returned it. I did like the soft leather but the bag was too heavy. The price was a little heavy too! I am so glad I took it back. This bag is equally, IMO, as nice and with the change I bought a Balenciaga and still have a little left from the 2 bags to start saving for my next one.

I have read that some of these companies that make bags start small and reasonable and then when they get popular, they get pricey. I hope that doesn't happen with HH. I should buy another, maybe in black, before the word gets out.

Did I tell you I love this bag?:love: :love: :love: ...Jacquee

Congrats! Did you order directly from HH?

That is a gorgeous bag. I fall in love with every luggage colored bag I see it seems; very bad for the wallet. I have the Kooba Lucy in camel which is soft, washed leather and I wonder if the HH is similar? I keep telling myself for the HH price you can't go wrong but then I could put that money toward another Bal bag or Chloe. I do love the Mercer satchel though so enjoy carrying it! I recently got a Gerard Darel Charlotte and the leather on that bag is super soft and squashy.

BTW, that leather totally reminds me of a Botkier Trigger in Almond I purchased and had to return due to color transfer all over the back of the bag (from my jeans). The leather on the Botker was so soft and silky and smooshy and the pic of the Mercer looks so similar.

Glad to know the HH mercer is drawing such rave reviews!! I've been contemplating getting it in the chalk color . . . your glowing praise for the bag is definitely moving the bag up on my list of "must haves"!!