Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

Haha me three. One of my male colleagues commented that he appreciated that I "made an effort" for our Zoom meetings, always wearing a H-scarf or shawl, lipstick and interesting earrings, and allowing the video feed to stay on (he also looks professional). Actually the video feed is bit of a bugaboo for me - I come from a culture where people use their hands, facial expressions, etc. to convey their thoughts & emotions (I've been criticized for the use of my hands as I now live in an area where folks are "less expressive") so I am peeved when participants turn off their video. I do realize, however, that it saves bandwidth and can help if household internet connections are less stable, but sometimes you wonder if they've just crawled out of bed for the meeting.....
Or - they’re not really focused on the meeting and are doing their emails/laundry/internet shopping/browsing TPF! I’m guilty of the last one :P

Haha me three. One of my male colleagues commented that he appreciated that I "made an effort" for our Zoom meetings, always wearing a H-scarf or shawl, lipstick and interesting earrings, and allowing the video feed to stay on (he also looks professional). Actually the video feed is bit of a bugaboo for me - I come from a culture where people use their hands, facial expressions, etc. to convey their thoughts & emotions (I've been criticized for the use of my hands as I now live in an area where folks are "less expressive") so I am peeved when participants turn off their video. I do realize, however, that it saves bandwidth and can help if household internet connections are less stable, but sometimes you wonder if they've just crawled out of bed for the meeting.....
This! To me, it's as though everyone is sitting around a conference table, except the folks with their video feed off are sitting with their backs to the other participants.

I recently participated in a 4-day Zoom workshop. We were all told "Leave your video on. Nobody cares what your hair looks like." :lol: :lol:

I have a silk Samurai, you can see that there very little saturation on the reverse. It's not so recent that this seems to occur, Apperat des Plaines also shows this (2015). Glad to see my pics of SS20 & AW20 are not so marked in terms of difference.
For sure! I own a Texas Wildlife, which I purchased at the San Francisco H boutique the year it came out (1987, perhaps?). It is very pale on the reverse. Not quite as unsaturated as Samouraïs, but pretty close.

For sure! I own a Texas Wildlife, which I purchased at the San Francisco H boutique the year it came out (1987, perhaps?). It is very pale on the reverse. Not quite as unsaturated as Samouraïs, but pretty close.

Good to know!

I've actually held-off buying some very nice 90s because of this, including a second Samurais

Reactions: Marmota
This! To me, it's as though everyone is sitting around a conference table, except the folks with their video feed off are sitting with their backs to the other participants.

I recently participated in a 4-day Zoom workshop. We were all told "Leave your video on. Nobody cares what your hair looks like." :lol: :lol:
That is such a lie, because everyone is looking at everyone’s hair and makeup, and background! What a cute thing to say, though.

Most of my experiences with TRR have been positive, except for one scarf that was listed as having a label when it had actually been removed, another that was in worse shape than described and my navy PdS CSGM that I recently posted that had actually been pierced by the plastic thingy that attaches their tags

I had mostly good experiences with TRR, with one exception.

I have spent a lot of time during 2020 looking for Giverny, and was pretty excited to find a "Pristine" version on TRR. Other than the shipping wrinkles the front was beautiful. But the tag was hanging literally by a thread and there was a small section with these snags on the back. So I sent it back with my comments on the return slip. A week later it was back on the site, listed still as "Pristine". I rebounded and purchased a different CW from another seller which is nice enough, but I wish the first one had worked out as I liked it better.

I guess The One that Got Away Award goes to Giverny.

20201024_163002.jpg20201024_164248.jpg20201024_164202.jpg

I had mostly good experiences with TRR, with one exception.

I have spent a lot of time during 2020 looking for Giverny, and was pretty excited to find a "Pristine" version on TRR. Other than the shipping wrinkles the front was beautiful. But the tag was hanging literally by a thread and there was a small section with these snags on the back. So I sent it back with my comments on the return slip. A week later it was back on the site, listed still as "Pristine". I rebounded and purchased a different CW from another seller which is nice enough, but I wish the first one had worked out as I liked it better.

I guess The One that Got Away Award goes to Giverny.

View attachment 4941125View attachment 4941126View attachment 4941127

oh yikes! that was really too bad! The colors are lovely on it!

Most of my experiences with TRR have been positive, except for one scarf that was listed as having a label when it had actually been removed, another that was in worse shape than described and my navy PdS CSGM that I recently posted that had actually been pierced by the plastic thingy that attaches their tags
Sadly...there are some real idiots that work there that put the plastic tag thingy right in the corner of the scarf THRU the silk!!! It is infuriating!!!! I have had it done on several of my scarves :sad:. Even did it when the actual fabric tag is right there to hang it on, and they poked the plastic right next to it!! Like what the heck! Why oh why idiot person why. Tons have been a wrinkled mess. Some have been totally mislabeled with condition and returned.