Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

Jacquard?
Yes, tattoo is the same as jacquard.

This colorway is so gorgeous.

Wow... this is so dramatic! Very special indeed.

Oh Lanit, this is breathtaking! Thank you for sharing. It has been most difficult to decide which colourway to get:flowers:

Ooh Lanit, that is gorgeous, I can see why resistance would be futile!

It probably also depends on what the forum is licenced to do. A silk-swap thread does sound like a great idea in theory.
So swoon-worthy! I've yet to see a single piece of this :shocked:

Thank you nicole, Elaine, Julide,paula and xcs. It was a surprise to find it at my store. After trying on quite a few new season silks, this was the only one that struck a nerve.

Ooh I couldnt tell it was also a jacquard. What is the motif?
Horse heads. :smile:
1546107634015-jpg.4291286

3BC667B3-F993-4778-AB1C-737A8BAAACB3.jpeg Hmmmm, Spring Cleaning=Scarf Curation session as we consider moving to an even warmer, more humid climate. Pulled out my Love ‘em collection to see what Leave ‘em could accomplish—which would be needing one less bureau.
Step 1: Pull out the items I can see “losing” some day, even if not today.
Step 2: What haven’t I worn in six months but could wear in the next three? Pareos may survive this culling; silks and CSGM in danger.
Step 3: Take photo for further contemplation.
Step 4: Put “maybe lose ‘em” items in separate drawers/boxes.
Step 5: Drink wine.

View attachment 4452335 Hmmmm, Spring Cleaning=Scarf Curation session as we consider moving to an even warmer, more humid climate. Pulled out my Love ‘em collection to see what Leave ‘em could accomplish—which would be needing one less bureau.
Step 2: What haven’t I worn in six months but could wear in the next three? Pareos may survive this culling; silks and CSGM in danger.
I feel step five should be repeated frequently:P

View attachment 4452335 Hmmmm, Spring Cleaning=Scarf Curation session as we consider moving to an even warmer, more humid climate. Pulled out my Love ‘em collection to see what Leave ‘em could accomplish—which would be needing one less bureau.
Haha Step 5 - I like your style! But seriously, parking the ones you think you might want to lose in a separate corner for a while, really does help you figure which ones you can live without.

Sometimes I start with step 5.
I also make a little pile of "scarves I need to pay attention to" and leave it out on the dresser to nudge me. Scarves I haven't worn in ages, scarves I think might not be with me forever, etc.
I also periodically do a color thing - gather all the scarves in the same color zone and see if they look too much alike, and if they fulfill the same purpose for me. I'm hoping to identify at least one that I can release. But actually I find excuses for keeping them all anyway.
I'm about to do a red/navy test. I'll try to post pix here for "help." :drinks:

Sometimes I start with step 5.
I also make a little pile of "scarves I need to pay attention to" and leave it out on the dresser to nudge me. Scarves I haven't worn in ages, scarves I think might not be with me forever, etc.
I also periodically do a color thing - gather all the scarves in the same color zone and see if they look too much alike, and if they fulfill the same purpose for me. I'm hoping to identify at least one that I can release. But actually I find excuses for keeping them all anyway.
I'm about to do a red/navy test. I'll try to post pix here for "help." :drinks:

Yes! I did the red/navy test and Souvenirs de Paris lost out to Feux d’Artifice. Meanwhile, wondering if I need to keep Fantasies Pittoresques if I’m currently hankering for Jardin de Leila.,,,and if that’s a CSGM choice, then maybe Tous les Bateaux (sp?/duh) needs to launch elsewhere. The two ponchos—lalbhai and marine/bordeaux—haven’t seen a lot of wear...and the bag, I love this DS bag too much to carry and scratch it!

Currently engaging in Step 5.

Yes! I did the red/navy test and Souvenirs de Paris lost out to Feux d’Artifice. Meanwhile, wondering if I need to keep Fantasies Pittoresques if I’m currently hankering for Jardin de Leila.,,,and if that’s a CSGM choice, then maybe Tous les Bateaux (sp?/duh) needs to launch elsewhere. The two ponchos—lalbhai and marine/bordeaux—haven’t seen a lot of wear...and the bag, I love this DS bag too much to carry and scratch it!

Currently engaging in Step 5.

I admire your willingness to exercise restraint and only keep the minimum minimorum of what your need. I really came to realize that I am not in a place to do that; I will gladly give away scarves I don't wear to friends and family (although most of them are completely uninterested), but I just can't make up my mind to let something go forever like that.

That Fantaisies Pittoresques though! Surprsed you don't wear it, but I can see JdL being quite similar, too.

I admire your willingness to exercise restraint and only keep the minimum minimorum of what your need. I really came to realize that I am not in a place to do that; I will gladly give away scarves I don't wear to friends and family (although most of them are completely uninterested), but I just can't make up my mind to let something go forever like that.

That Fantaisies Pittoresques though! Surprsed you don't wear it, but I can see JdL being quite similar, too.

H Logic may kick in and say, “hmmmmm, If Leila is a CSGM, Fantasies Pittoresques gets to stay.”
FP is my most-often worn silk this past winter/spring, but I felt I had to take a hard, running start at this so almost everything came out on the t

On the serious side: I truly Love your different-ness! :heart:

On the less serious side: I’m just a scarf slut.

Doing a closet pruning today, not really getting rid of much but airing out items that have been folded away, taking stock of what can be worn more often, etc. These are two of my current favorites, both purchased secondhand online and using the wisdom all of you are willing to share! Coupe de Gala wash and On a Summer Day. It's interesting to see how similar these are with blues, oranges/yellows, and black.
IMG_7685.JPG