Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

Thank you for the eye candy Lanit. You have some lovely rare colorways that are really fun to see. I love seeing other people’s collections. Yours is so uniquely you. Absolutely stunning.

Thanks so much dear. Scarves are such pieces of art to me. Each one is a canvas that expresses my love for their subjects and colors.

Thanks cookie!:heart:

So beautiful, Lanit! You have such a good eye for what suits you.

Do you have any concerns about snagging your silks on the wood? Or is it polished smooth? It's such a lovely piece of furniture - I always admire how beautiful and functional it is.

Thank you Genie! I did have some concerns initially. The dealer I bought it from had all the trays and entire piece waxed and he also gave me the can of natural clear wax to keep them smooth on the edges. I have not waxed them since I brought the piece home and don’t know where that wax is anymore lol. I am careful with the CSGMs and the mousselines. The twills are no problem. These chests are used for Kimonos so they also are made for storing of silk. I believe the design is simple and funtional and the perfect wood type for silk to prevent insect damage.:flowers:

Last edited:
For example, I need a quiet shawl to go with this jacket and my mostly black/grey dresses. Help!!

My iris moussie works well as it’s muted, and worn mostly scrunched up, but I need a warm winter version of that. The pink shawl here is way too much pink fabric.
Genie, I find I will invest in a few basic jackets (rarely prints unless spring or summer), and then think about the scarves or shawls that work best with them. For instance with my denim jackets, the scale and pale colors of Tresors d’un artist, or the samourai shawls all work with it. Also the Robe du Soir is amazing as shown above and the Della Cavelleria shawl from two or three seasons ago.

For your tweed jacket I think the beautiful L’Instruction du Roy is gorgeous in the maron colorway that I have. Also there was a lovely grey neutral one on that issue several years ago. From my IG posts...HTH.

E638C18E-AF4C-47A0-96E3-2DEA584E27E3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: scarf1 and Genie27
Genie, I find I will invest in a few basic jackets (rately prints unless spring or summer), and then think about the scarves or shawls that work best with them. For instance with my denim jackets, the scale and pale colors of Tresors d’un artist, or the samourai shawls all work with it. For your tweed jacket I think the beautiful L’Instruction du Roy is gorgeous in the maron colorway that I have. Also there was a lovely grey neutral one on that issue several years ago. From my IG posts...HTH.

View attachment 4239645

This is also a wonderful suggestion.

Reactions: scarf1
Of course I get sidetracked by this.....
https://www.hermes.com/ie/en/product/mors-a-jouets-scarf-140-H431697Sv04/
mors-a-jouets-scarf-140--431697S%2004-flat-1-300-0-320-320.jpg

Must be strong!

Reactions: ElainePG and EmileH
For example, I need a quiet shawl to go with this jacket and my mostly black/grey dresses. Help!!

My iris moussie works well as it’s muted, and worn mostly scrunched up, but I need a warm winter version of that. The pink shawl here is way too much pink fabric.

I would go for a low contrast or fairly neutral color block graphic with this kind of jacket. (ie - nothing busy) I'd take the jacket in with you and try things on.

I love the neutrals, but I'm a sucker the brights… so hard to resist those colors!
I wonder if you might like On A Summers Day in anthracite/gris/rose VIF - @lanit has one in either this cw or one similarly neutral and it is stunning.
Also Pirouette au Galop in marine/naturel/beige rose - full the swirling lines and very abstract drawings of horses.
Yes, Pirouette! I like it and it would work beautifully in my wardrobe!

I could see the gris/noir/rose vif Rocabar going with that jacket and a lot of other gray and black outfits. It's equestrian with little pink accents, which is lovely and could give you that color you love and crave without being overpowering.

Reactions: Genie27 and lanit
Hi ladies!

I would love some suggestions of quieter neutral CSGM shawls that I can consider? - something mostly navy or dark greys or cream/taupes or something? I find it impossible to select quieter shawls when I'm at the store - so my collection is mostly brights - pink, turquoise, red.

Don't get me wrong, I adore these bright colours and enjoy wearing them, but sometimes, when my jacket is loud, and/or the dress is busy, I need a quiet shawl. But I find it impossible to purchase one at the store where brighter jewels beckon. So I have to take a different approach and pre-select a few so I can play with them in my mind.

I like feathers and swirly lines like equestrian bridles and belts and harnesses etc, but not small prints or animals/birds. Large abstracts like Iris and ZP really make my heart sing.

Oh @EmileH and others with a love of neutrals, what are your tips for selecting shawls that blend in rather than stand out? And specific designs or CWs that jump to mind?
Here are 2 of my fave neutrals. The Tresors is more subdued IRL than it looks in the stock photo, IMO. cebea27646c7fade0cccbf6c044c7fe1.jpg
227abb468832af210544ea4e6634a14a.jpg

Genie, I was going to suggest the Robe du Soir as well. I have the lighter blue one which seems to hit that sweet spot between “neutral” and “fun” for me.

Also have the monochromatic Cavalleria d Etriers. It also came in black/white/red. Oh, and how about Cavalcadour Fleuri?

Reactions: Genie27