Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

yeah it’s not straight forward! I have dabbled a bit in color analysis online and came upon Jen Thoden. She has a lot of content on her Youtube channel that is free. i find her example analyses most educational:
I found that I really only like what she calls universal colors on me. and when I put up a really bright color like that ultraviolet, it feels a bit like the scarf is competing with me...

Thanks! I fell down this rabbit hole, but I'm still so confused. I have to play with some colours from my wardrobe and perhaps post some mod shots here, for advice from all you colour experts.

Thanks! I fell down this rabbit hole, but I'm still so confused. I have to play with some colours from my wardrobe and perhaps post some mod shots here, for advice from all you colour experts.
that's always the best idea. usually we intuitively know what feels right.
it's funny, I actually think that Hermès is doing a poor job in that regard with their modeling shots for their scarves. The model they use for most pics is clearly of a soft coloring and those soft colors look beautiful on her. but then they stick her in these bright scarves and it just doesn't do anything for her... here she is in warm and some bright colors. i feel like it makes her skin look a bit dull and orangey
5593EB1C-B796-451B-A2C2-716E249C2324.JPG
while when you look at her in more cooler toned and softer scarves her skin looks like it's glowing and there is color harmony.
29C00BB9-5F05-45A5-8010-9EF6A6453E9D 2.JPG
or maybe I'm imagining things lol. It probably is all for the better though because if they would be as good at scarf modeling as tpf ladies are, we'd all be enabled into bancruptcy :giggle:

that's always the best idea. usually we intuitively know what feels right.
it's funny, I actually think that Hermès is doing a poor job in that regard with their modeling shots for their scarves. The model they use for most pics is clearly of a soft coloring and those soft colors look beautiful on her. but then they stick her in these bright scarves and it just doesn't do anything for her... here she is in warm and some bright colors. i feel like it makes her skin look a bit dull and orangey
View attachment 4184788
while when you look at her in more cooler toned and softer scarves her skin looks like it's glowing and there is color harmony.
View attachment 4184789
or maybe I'm imagining things lol. It probably is all for the better though because if they would be as good at scarf modeling as tpf ladies are, we'd all be enabled into bancruptcy :giggle:
Yes, I find that second row are ‘my’ colours also, while the top row will all clash on me. Even though I feel I have a lot of yellow/beige skin tone, cold colours really make me pop as I have cool undertones. But I’ve been wearing a lot of warm colours too lately. So confused

Yes, I find that second row are ‘my’ colours also, while the top row will all clash on me. Even though I feel I have a lot of yellow/beige skin tone, cold colours really make me pop as I have cool undertones. But I’ve been wearing a lot of warm colours too lately. So confused
Maybe we should move this discussion to a new thread called "Hermes scarves and color analysis"? - I have no idea though how to do that - moderators, can you help?

well if you like wearing them don't stop! some warm colors are even universal (pure yellows, pure reds). I think what is more important (and what was my mistake with that losange) is the chroma, i.e. soft or bright. you can usually figure that out by looking at what's already in your wardrobe.

Maybe we should move this discussion to a new thread called "Hermes scarves and color analysis"? - I have no idea though how to do that - moderators, can you help?

well if you like wearing them don't stop! some warm colors are even universal (pure yellows, pure reds). I think what is more important (and what was my mistake with that losange) is the chroma, i.e. soft or bright. you can usually figure that out by looking at what's already in your wardrobe.
Great idea!

Reactions: Julide