Scarves Love it then leave it ,how do you curate your scarf collection?

I can see the dilemma. You look fabulous in all your bandanas, and none of them are green/blue. I don't have any issues with some overlap. It is bound to happen as I tend to like scarves with lots of colors in them and especially purples. But I would check out a different CW of acte iii in October to vary from the ELenK. Maybe 12 or 7? 12 has some greens (a little overlap) but balanced with purple. And CW 07 has some deeper teal tones, though may be too close to M et M. Maybe check CW 10 also. It's got rich brights. And the beautiful all red CW 03 is very different in styling and subject matter to your bandana
Thank you for your input, Bunnycat. By the way, ELek and Met are obviously NOT my only blue scarves! I have nine scarves that fall firmly into the "blue" category. I like blues! But these are the two that seem as though they might tie exactly like Acte III, so I was concerned that if I were to buy Acte III, it might leave one of the other two as "orphans."

CW12 is always a possibility (I only have a couple of purple-ish scarves.) Though I suspect it will become scarce in a hurry. It vanished from the H.com site in a matter minutes.

And CW03 is one I definitely want to try. Less variation of colors, so perhaps more like the black & white version of LFaSdV (which I don't have), or the neutral MP (which I do).

Thank you for your input, Bunnycat. By the way, ELek and Met are obviously NOT my only blue scarves! I have nine scarves that fall firmly into the "blue" category. I like blues! But these are the two that seem as though they might tie exactly like Acte III, so I was concerned that if I were to buy Acte III, it might leave one of the other two as "orphans."

CW12 is always a possibility (I only have a couple of purple-ish scarves.) Though I suspect it will become scarce in a hurry. It vanished from the H.com site in a matter minutes.

And CW03 is one I definitely want to try. Less variation of colors, so perhaps more like the black & white version of LFaSdV (which I don't have), or the neutral MP (which I do).

I think if you like the way your bright red ExLib looks on, then also don't fear to try on CW 10 as a possible contender. It's a warm, bright colorway with plenty of red in it.

Reactions: litchi and ElainePG
I think if you like the way your bright red ExLib looks on, then also don't fear to try on CW 10 as a possible contender. It's a warm, bright colorway with plenty of red in it.
Interesting... that hadn't even been on my radar because of the bright orange moon. But now that you mention it, there's a ton of red in the corners!
I'm really trying to find a way to love this scarf, because, SHAKESPEARE! :blush:

I have a little scarf puzzle that I'd appreciate help with. I've recently sent ten (ten!!!) 90cm scarves off for consignment, leaving me with a nice collection of 28, with no color holes and very few color overlaps. I have promised myself that I will carefully scrutinize any new (either new-new or preloved) scarf that I add to my collection, looking especially for color overlaps. I don't want to keep re-buying the same blue scarf with complex mythological designs on it! :annoyed:

And this is where my little puzzle appears. This season, I (like many others) am fascinated with Acte III. The colorway that I think would work best for me is CW05. But look what happens when I plunk it between Ex Libris et Kimonos and Mythes et Metamorphoses!

View attachment 4133333

Is it just my imagination, or do they all "read" pretty much the same? Especially the two on the left. Of course, the designs are totally different, but I wouldn't be waving the scarves in front of me... I would be wearing them. Most likely folded in a bias fold & knotted in the front with a square knot, since this is my go-to knot.

When I get to the boutique (in mid-October) I will of course bring both scarves with me to check. Assuming that this CW of Acte III is still available. But in the meantime, I would love anyone's thoughts on this. :flowers:
Ok, disclaimer from a woman who has more blue scarves than you do!
I think they are different enough if this is the best CW for you. The ExLenK doesn’t have green in it, which is the dominant color I see in Act3. I also see you wearing ExLenK with Navy, but Act3 and M_M with black rather than navy.
MM has teals. Not sure but looks like this act3 has more of a true green as well as red and other colors not found in MM.

Ok, disclaimer from a woman who has more blue scarves than you do!
I think they are different enough if this is the best CW for you. The ExLenK doesn’t have green in it, which is the dominant color I see in Act3. I also see you wearing ExLenK with Navy, but Act3 and M_M with black rather than navy.
MM has teals. Not sure but looks like this act3 has more of a true green as well as red and other colors not found in MM.
Thank you for the thoughts, scarf1.
You're right... when I take a closer look at ActeIII, I can see the green in it. And I hadn't thought about wearing ELeK with navy, but you're right: that would be a very good pairing. I wear so little navy, but I'll have to try it. Off to buy a navy cardigan! :dog:

Thank you for the thoughts, scarf1.
You're right... when I take a closer look at ActeIII, I can see the green in it. And I hadn't thought about wearing ELeK with navy, but you're right: that would be a very good pairing. I wear so little navy, but I'll have to try it. Off to buy a navy cardigan! :dog:
Also do you wear brown? I see brown in the act3

Reactions: ElainePG
I have a little scarf puzzle that I'd appreciate help with. I've recently sent ten (ten!!!) 90cm scarves off for consignment, leaving me with a nice collection of 28, with no color holes and very few color overlaps. I have promised myself that I will carefully scrutinize any new (either new-new or preloved) scarf that I add to my collection, looking especially for color overlaps. I don't want to keep re-buying the same blue scarf with complex mythological designs on it! :annoyed:

And this is where my little puzzle appears. This season, I (like many others) am fascinated with Acte III. The colorway that I think would work best for me is CW05. But look what happens when I plunk it between Ex Libris et Kimonos and Mythes et Metamorphoses!

View attachment 4133333

Is it just my imagination, or do they all "read" pretty much the same? Especially the two on the left. Of course, the designs are totally different, but I wouldn't be waving the scarves in front of me... I would be wearing them. Most likely folded in a bias fold & knotted in the front with a square knot, since this is my go-to knot.

When I get to the boutique (in mid-October) I will of course bring both scarves with me to check. Assuming that this CW of Acte III is still available. But in the meantime, I would love anyone's thoughts on this. :flowers:
Interesting! I missed out on ELeK and am considering Acte III CW5, maybe I'll get a bit of the ELeK vibe that way. My two cents - I see nothing wrong with having a lot of blue scarves if cool tones are your strong suit. Especially if your primary motivation is wearing as opposed to collecting. That said, my guess is all 3 scarves would look different IRL tied. The thumbnail files replicate the look of the scarf from far away so everything seems to blend. Up close, detail and color differences become more apparent. For example, the "tribal stripe" corner of Acte III looks nothing like anything on ELeK and has a lot more "color and value contrast per unit of area" than anything on ELeK. And don't forget the yellow contrast hem on Acte III which is hard to see on the thumbnail. Thoughts?

Yeah- me too- as it took me 10 years of mistakes to find a reliable brand! I don't like to think of how many shoes I sold for a loss over the years.

Fantastic idea Fizzy!

I think all dancers have to go through shoes to find the perfect pair (usually just before they're discontinued). I've never danced tango (would love to) but remember the agonising discussions and decisions of pointe, character and flamenco shoes. It made scarf buying look spontaneous and random in comparison.

Reactions: bunnycat

View attachment 4133333

I have that sepia Ex Libris en K , and have seenand tried the act 111 you are considering.
I don’t see any similarity, the Kimonos has amazing waves in grey white with the red border , cool jade green and cobalt .
It ties...serenely and elegantly I feel. For me it looks best with white, denim, navy and black.
The Bottom scarf is quite busy and wildly assymetric/ quirky with a myriad of tying options.
The mauve one may be a good bet if you’re feeling blued out. It’s elegant and looks easy to wear with the loads of colours, as does the 05
I’d always go for the cway that suits you and lights you up,

Interesting! I missed out on ELeK and am considering Acte III CW5, maybe I'll get a bit of the ELeK vibe that way. My two cents - I see nothing wrong with having a lot of blue scarves if cool tones are your strong suit. Especially if your primary motivation is wearing as opposed to collecting. That said, my guess is all 3 scarves would look different IRL tied. The thumbnail files replicate the look of the scarf from far away so everything seems to blend. Up close, detail and color differences become more apparent. For example, the "tribal stripe" corner of Acte III looks nothing like anything on ELeK and has a lot more "color and value contrast per unit of area" than anything on ELeK. And don't forget the yellow contrast hem on Acte III which is hard to see on the thumbnail. Thoughts?
Oh, you’re absolutely right... I totally forgot about the yellow border! And that’s true about the tribal stripe... if I were to tie it that way, I’d have a striped scarf, wouldn’t I?

I was surprised, after I bought ELeK, that it isn’t a very contrast-y scarf when it’s tied. Don’t get me wrong... I love it... but the colors are all similar values so they blend together.

Yes, I’m definitely a wearer as opposed to a collector, and I don’t mind having a lot of blue scarves... about a third of my inventory! This color suits me. But I try to have a wide range of blues, and to have varying patterns so it doesn’t look like I’m wearing the same scarf every day! :amuse:

I think all dancers have to go through shoes to find the perfect pair (usually just before they're discontinued). I've never danced tango (would love to) but remember the agonising discussions and decisions of pointe, character and flamenco shoes. It made scarf buying look spontaneous and random in comparison.

:roflmfao: that's about right....tango shoe buying goes something like this. "ooh- pretty!" Two wearings later "ow....these hurt...." 2 months later..."for sale....only worn a couple of times...."

I have that sepia Ex Libris en K , and have seenand tried the act 111 you are considering.
I don’t see any similarity, the Kimonos has amazing waves in grey white with the red border , cool jade green and cobalt .
It ties...serenely and elegantly I feel. For me it looks best with white, denim, navy and black.
The Bottom scarf is quite busy and wildly assymetric/ quirky with a myriad of tying options.
The mauve one may be a good bet if you’re feeling blued out. It’s elegant and looks easy to wear with the loads of colours, as does the 05
I’d always go for the cway that suits you and lights you up,
I’m hoping I have a chance to try the mauve one in the boutique. I wouldn’t mind adding that color to my collection, if it suits me. But there’s something about 05 that makes my :heart:skip a beat... and that’s always a sign!

I hadn’t thought to try my ELEK with either white or denim... terrific ideas. I think I don’t reach for it nearly often enough. But now that I’ve gone through a major scarf purge, including a number of blue ones, I suspect I’ll wear it much more frequently.

View attachment 4133333

Good point. That cw MM has quite a bit of gold ad silver highlight, but it also has a similar vibe of fairies at nighttime too. It doesn't have and soft red in it though, but then you the ExLenK, so I see the overlaps.

I am determined not to buy any more blue scarves and Act III has several cws with that are lovely but feature blues strogly, cw 06 was a great choice for me but has blue and orange something that overlaps with one of my Les Facéties de Pégase. Very different themes/designs but ultimately there is no point in having both.

Good point. That cw MM has quite a bit of gold ad silver highlight, but it also has a similar vibe of fairies at nighttime too. It doesn't have and soft red in it though, but then you the ExLenK, so I see the overlaps.

I am determined not to buy any more blue scarves and Act III has several cws with that are lovely but feature blues strogly, cw 06 was a great choice for me but has blue and orange something that overlaps with one of my Les Facéties de Pégase. Very different themes/designs but ultimately there is no point in having both.
And so that’s why you settled on CW 03? :smile: