Love it or Hate it? V-day is coming!

My husband and I do not celebrate V-day. As we are religious Jews. It's not soemthing that we do, so to me there isn't anything worth making a fuss over nor is there anythign to miss out on.

:heart: I love it! i have some wonderful memories of v-days past that I hold very dear- like the year my bf had TEN dozen roses sent to my work:nuts:
but also other ones when I was single. One year I found those little conversation hearts in the boxes, but all the words were in spanish! I sent them to all my friends and they all had a little smile from it.

Nowadays, my bf and I don't make a huge deal out of it, but he usually gets me roses and i usually buy some cute little lingerie thing, but we NEVER go out to dinner on that night- too many people, crowded, noises, blah blah- it's a stay home night for us and I like it that way.

I don't like it. I am married and basically dread the holiday. I just hate feeling forced to buy something. I feel this way about Christmas as well. Am I a party pooper?

Valentines day is not a very big thing here in Sweden, we don't celebrate it in any special way, really. Some people might give cards or small gifts, inspired by "the US-way", but most people don't even notice. Bottom line is, if I want flowers for Valentines day, I will have to buy them myself - I don't think my hubby even knows that V-day exists.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Valentines Day and let me tell you I deserve it. :yahoo: I'm on the brink of 40, single and no kids. I have the most amazing BF and this year will be our 2nd V-Day together :heart: . I have had romantic V-days some years and unfortunately quite a few more years spent alone or with a GF and tons of chocolate and too much red wine. We both love to cook so it may be an intimate night in or a night on the town. Either way, we're in love and I already have his presents (thanks to elizabethk who helped pick out the LV portion of it) :wlae: