Love it, but have a question!

kipp

O.G.
May 9, 2008
Just received this 35 retourne buffalo skipper Kelly and it's fantastic---but would dearly love to know what color it is. The seller said maybe blue roi, but I'm wondering about blue sapphir. The bag is from 2001. Does anyone here have an opinion? Here are two different pictures of the bag, one in natural daylight and one in normal indoor lighting---you can see that it is a true chameleon...

TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_0109.JPG
    IMG_0109.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_0110.JPG
    IMG_0110.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Kipp, I saw when this was for sale from Sandia, but I never managed to look at the leather up close. I do not think there are any blue colors in Buffle Skipper.

Do you think you could post a good clear picture of the leather up close? That would help identify the leather and color correctly.

Super Kelly.

Kipp, I saw when this was for sale from Sandia, but I never managed to look at the leather up close. I do not think there are any blue colors in Buffle Skipper.

Do you think you could post a good clear picture of the leather up close? That would help identify the leather and color correctly.

Super Kelly.

Bababebi, thanks for your reply! Will try to post a closeup later this evening when I am back at my computer.

Hi kipp, your Kelly has the strap ring (double ring). Does anyone remember which year it was that Hermes introduced the double ring for its Kelly?

From your pictures, it actually looks like Blue Brighton Clemence on my screen ... but because you said it's from 2001, how would that be possible for BB ....

Ok, here are a couple of my zoomed pictures from the original ones I posted, plus the original listing from Kaz:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1123#ht_15320wt_1282

If you are able to pull up the listing, there are many pictures that are better than mine LOL, and also you can see the variegated grains, with the centers darker than the periphery so I did think it was buffalo skipper...

Am sorry, but am out of town right now so cannot take new pictures until Monday.

Jedi, I thought that blue thallasa (sp?) had white topstitching, but could be wrong about that...

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    38.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 96
Ok, here are a couple of my zoomed pictures from the original ones I posted, plus the original listing from Kaz:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1123#ht_15320wt_1282

If you are able to pull up the listing, there are many pictures that are better than mine LOL, and also you can see the variegated grains, with the centers darker than the periphery so I did think it was buffalo skipper...

Am sorry, but am out of town right now so cannot take new pictures until Monday.

Jedi, I thought that blue thallasa (sp?) had white topstitching, but could be wrong about that...

Thanks everyone!

Blue thallassa did have white topstitching, unless it was a special order. My recollection was that in 2001, buffle skipper kelly bags were only by special order, so its possible that a BT would have same color stitching. But I dont remember if Buffle skipper was offered in thallasa, or what blue it was offered in. This is a big puzzlement!!

Thanks, Jedi!:heart:

At this point, I guess now I'm less concerned about what the color is than whether it really is buffalo skipper! This leather was what I wanted because of its durability and ability withstand weather. I'd be very disappointed if it weren't... unless it were Ardennes or something like that...