Love hate relationship with charms

Sabinalynn

Bag obsessed
O.G.
Dec 17, 2007
Hi! I'm posting this thread because I have a love hate relationship with my charm..I loooove the way it looks but I can't stand the nuisance. What I mean by that is, when I set my neverfull down with the charm, it weighs down the strap and causes the bag to open and when I'm carrying it it just seems to get in the way. Does anyone feel this way? Love the look, but dislike how they get in the way?

i love my charms. yes, some of them are noisy but i love them anyway;)

it's a shame that yours bothers you some, i remember how badly you thought about it before you got it.

It doesn't really bother me but it will pull the strap down. I always interlock my straps on the Ebene cause I want them to remain standing. Once I do that the charm no longer pulls the strap!

I can't tell you how many times my NF has tipped/leaned over in the car and my tapage charm ---hooked onto the strap--has gone flying and crashing into the door! I thought for sure it broke one time....
My charms pretty much only weigh down my NF's --pulling the whole side of the bag down. Today I used my pastilles charm on my Azur NF and it looked great--no weighing down and evenly balanced. Have you tried one of those? I love them because you hook both ends. The only bag I don't use it on is my Galliera since it would look weird with the gold plate.

Sometimes I've felt that way when putting one of my charms on my Neverfull GM, sometimes but not as much on my Neverfull MM, and not much at all on my other LV bags, but I hated the Tapage charm as it also made too much noise in addition to weighing the straps down (so I sold that one right away!)

I understand what you mean but I think you are feeling this way because of the NF. It is not structured and the charm is heavy enough to pull down the strap and bag like you said. I use my charms on my Speedies and Vernis Almas and don't have that problem. I know the Speedy is not structured but since the charm is on the hw piece it's a little better. Don't give up on your charms though because I saw your recent pics of you and your NF and they look so pretty together! How about using a bandeau on your NF and switch it out with your charms? Or, use your charms on a more structured bag.

LVLoveaffair said:
I can't tell you how many times my NF has tipped/leaned over in the car and my tapage charm ---hooked onto the strap--has gone flying and crashing into the door! I thought for sure it broke one time....
My charms pretty much only weigh down my NF's --pulling the whole side of the bag down. Today I used my pastilles charm on my Azur NF and it looked great--no weighing down and evenly balanced. Have you tried one of those? I love them because you hook both ends. The only bag I don't use it on is my Galliera since it would look weird with the gold plate.

Yes I love my pastilles on my NF and my Monty!!

Loving My Louie's...

Honestly, I think I'm over charms..with my daughter in tow, it's just too hard with the charms and I cant justify keeping it. I feel like they are always in the way and I mainly use them on my nfs..my only more structured bag is my speedy b and it's too casual and carefree of a bag. I feel like for the price, I can put that money towards a bag..:sad: