Love for late 90s minimalism -anyone else?

What about Massimo Dutti? I find their clothes very streamlined and minimal (not trendy at all) and better quality materials.

Fantastic. That camel skirt looks like something CBK would wear!

0EB0D96F-60E9-4762-9F8B-EBF40E5F1FC5.jpeg

Just Googled CBK. She worn very plain basics, and wore them over and over. If she had a large wardrobe, she didn’t appear to tap into it much. Those brown cords, the same slouchy khakis, the same flared jeans, plain white shirts, slim black Ts or turtlenecks. A couple of black totes. Knee-length coats in camel and black. Every so often she would wear a dress from a designer like Helmut Lang to an evening function, but IMO those were never her best looks. There isn’t anything about how she dressed that can’t be replicated. What she had going for her was contrast. She was simple when everyone was over-doing it. She had blazing blonde hair but it was un-styled. A beautiful face with no makeup. Paparazzi everywhere but never appeared to seek publicity. She had the confidence to not over-dress or seem to try too hard when dating arguably the most eligible bachelor on earth. It also helps to be very tall and thin. She definitely chose her total impression well.
I love her!

Reactions: Etriers
So I am always working on my wardrobe (capsule type, french type of investing in foundation items)
...and I know I sometimes cant resist a latest trend/sexier piece....and that should be Zara. We´re mid July but because I live in northern EU, summer doesnt count lol
It´s one week worth of clothes and already full : short, combishort, 2 skirts, 2 dresses, dressy evening top, linen shirt.
So I´m already looking into the fall pieces, to save money towards. I´m looking into Tibi brand, and browsing Vestiaire Collective for old Prada, Jil Sander...I need help to focus, purchase with intention, and basically get back to that style...the 90s minimalist.
I also looked into the feminine archetypes when looking on ideas how to dress. I tend to look quite serious eventhough I have a creative job and a playful side....I just have always been fascinated by big city (NYC, Paris, London) women´s wear with a cool office job lol.

So I am always working on my wardrobe (capsule type, french type of investing in foundation items)
...and I know I sometimes cant resist a latest trend/sexier piece....and that should be Zara. We´re mid July but because I live in northern EU, summer doesnt count lol
It´s one week worth of clothes and already full : short, combishort, 2 skirts, 2 dresses, dressy evening top, linen shirt.
So I´m already looking into the fall pieces, to save money towards. I´m looking into Tibi brand, and browsing Vestiaire Collective for old Prada, Jil Sander...I need help to focus, purchase with intention, and get back to that style.
I'm a huge Tibi fan here!! Another brand that's very 90's minimalist is Studio Nicholson...where everything goes with everything and the price range is similar to Tibi. I haven't tried them yet but some of their pants and jeans have interesting details...I hope to try them sometime!

I love Toteme... they're similar to Khaite but maybe a bit cheaper (and more readily found on sale). They've both got that minimalist scandi vibe and lean into oversized shapes. I don't know if Toteme is really 90s so much as just minimalist but I bet someone who likes 90s minimalism would like them too.
Yes! I live in scandinavia so I have a few Toteme pieces :smile: Im really trying to lose a bit of weight before I buy more clothes, have to lose one size. (5 kgs)

Reactions: Lejic
This thread is bringing back memories of the ‘90s for me—I remember CBK like it was yesterday.

Anyway—simple, clean colors and lines never go out of style. ;)

Does anyone recall the show Ally McBeal? I think that’s a good example of the fashions of the era as well.8B2E0A61-BA9A-44AC-A823-0D16C80BD798.jpeg

This thread is bringing back memories of the ‘90s for me—I remember CBK like it was yesterday.

Anyway—simple, clean colors and lines never go out of style. ;)

Does anyone recall the show Ally McBeal? I think that’s a good example of the fashions of the era as well.View attachment 5703982
Yes! They´re showing it on Disney+ and I was rewatching the first episodes (the most 90s symbolic) and also they were role models for me back when I was a young student...I have always liked Nelle´s style (that structured sleek professional feminine-masculine) but now appreciate all the outfits from all the women as re-living that time.

So after having to go through Aliexpress, Amazon…I finally found 3 key pieces : the 90s Carolyn Bessette style glasses, and tortoise large headband. And another key style, the top with 3/4 sleeves and boat neckline. Makes you realize that when something isn’t quite the trend of the moment it’s really hard to find!! (The trousers are the Frankie Shop) 6DD7D9A5-ABDF-47FB-B364-36528323719D.jpeg