• They're OK

Results are only viewable after voting.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
The new Velvet Slipper or Ballet Flats with removable Platforms

I absolutely love them (just wonder if I could walk in them). I think my favourite are...:confused1: OK I love them all

470435_FASN0_6474_005_096_0000_Light-Velvet-slipper-with-removable-platform.jpg 470435_FASN0_6474_006_096_0000_Light-Velvet-slipper-with-removable-platform.jpg 470435_FASN0_6474_007_096_0000_Light-Velvet-slipper-with-removable-platform.jpg 465976_DMB40_6492_001_095_0000_Light-Ballet-flat-with-removable-platform.jpg 465976_DXAC0_8083_001_096_0000_Light-Ballet-flat-with-removable-platform.jpg 465976_DXAC0_8083_005_096_0000_Light-Ballet-flat-with-removable-platform.jpg

Reactions: Havanese 28
The new Velvet Slipper or Ballet Flats with removable Platforms

I absolutely love them (just wonder if I could walk in them). I think my favourite are...:confused1: OK I love them all

View attachment 3615556 View attachment 3615557 View attachment 3615558 View attachment 3615559 View attachment 3615560 View attachment 3615561
I think they are fabulous! I like the last two red floral and gold/ black best. Those would amp up any outfit. I'd mainly reserve them for an evening out, dinner out, event or social occasion where I could let my personal style shine through. I love simple, minimalist outfits with fabulous shoes.

Reactions: papertiger
I think they are fabulous! I like the last two red floral and gold/ black best. Those would amp up any outfit. I'd mainly reserve them for an evening out, dinner out, event or social occasion where I could let my personal style shine through. I love simple, minimalist outfits with fabulous shoes.

Love the sound of your style Havanese

You have that option too (they are also available by themselves). Of course you can use the platform with other flats and real ballet slippers
I think the whole idea of a detachable platform is rather tacky, and the aesthetic of these shoes strikes me as really, really ugly. A good measure of thought that I use when judging "cutting edge" high end designer items is I ask myself "would I like this and want to buy it if it were at Target/Wal-mart?" Just because it's designer, doesn't mean it's good. Again, just my humble opinion. I could see how someone whose taste is more avant garde than mine would like these.

Hi dear,
Honestly, I can see teens and younger women (age 20-25) wear these as they are quite trendy IMO. With the platform heels that is. Under a maxi skirt or dress for example.
Remove the platforms and you have a wider audience because they suddenly seem more wearable without platforms. So it is good that you can at least remove them.
The slipper with the snake is something I might would wear myself, minus the platform of course. But it's not that I am in love and want to buy any of them. I rather go for something more classic :P.
However, if you love them then that is most important. If you would wear them with pride and joy and if you can make them work, then why not? Don't worry that you can't walk on the platforms, at least you can remove them and try again later if necessary :graucho:.

I like the IDEA of the removable platform (it's like going from heels to flats when the situation arises). However I'm not sure how easy they'd be to walk in...I'd probably feel like I'm walking on stilts.

I adore the slippers [emoji173]

That platform looks dangerous, trip to the ER for sure!! My daughter and I looked through the new shoes selection a few days ago. She is a nurse and said Gucci should give out a ER money voucher when you purchase their platforms because twisted/broken ankles are sure to follow. There's no such thing and she was joking but she has a point. One misstep and its over. The slide is fine but that added platform is asking for trouble. I choose hate-with the platform.

That platform looks dangerous, trip to the ER for sure!! My daughter and I looked through the new shoes selection a few days ago. She is a nurse and said Gucci should give out a ER money voucher when you purchase their platforms because twisted/broken ankles are sure to follow. There's no such thing and she was joking but she has a point. One misstep and its over. The slide is fine but that added platform is asking for trouble. I choose hate-with the platform.

I will def be trying these on and walking around (or shuffling) in them before parting with my money, thanks for the warning though. I would have thought it's even more dangerous with those 6" heel, pointy pumps with no platforms and no straps - I could def crash-land straight into the ER with those type.