Love Disneyworld? READ!

You can easily change the reservation to another resort. Just call Disney and they should be able to take care of it for you as long as there is a room available. If you're not happy, they aren't happy. Friends of mine had stayed at the Polynesian as well and weren't happy for the same reasons that chicbabacool already stated. They also said they didn't like that everything there was wicker - the headboard, dressers, tables, etc. Also, what chicbabacool stated was true - the Contemporary is one of their much older resorts, so I tend to stay away from that one.

If you want a woodsy feel to your stay I'd *highly* recommend the Wilderness Lodge. LOVED every second that I stayed there. Just call Disney and they're sure to change it for you. One time my husband and I stayed at a resort that we just were NOT happy with. We checked in, took a nap and then called Disney to see if we could change that same day to a different resort. They're response? Not a problem at all! We were in the Wilderness Lodge that same day. :tup: Just call and they'll be happy to change it for you.

You could also check and see if the Animal Kingdom Lodge has openings. I've heard nothing but good things about there as well.

Oh, I love the Wilderness Lodge! It's so beautiful and it has a cozier feeling to it than all the other resorts, IMO. The Contemporary is nice because of the monorail transportation, but IMO there are way too many people there. It was PACKED the last time I was there so I'm going to stay away from it. Thank you for your suggestions. It is such a hassle to change reservations but I will trust fellow PFers and change my reservation to a resort I have already stayed at. I think we will try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My friends have stayed there and showed us pictures of giraffes they could see from their balcony. That would be amazing!

What a great thread.. we're thinking of going to Disneyland as well.. My DH's dream actually to me and the kids.. but its too far!! We live in Middle East... so we prefer Europe, its just 6-8hours away!!

but one day!! Great thread!!

Oh, I love the Wilderness Lodge! It's so beautiful and it has a cozier feeling to it than all the other resorts, IMO. The Contemporary is nice because of the monorail transportation, but IMO there are way too many people there. It was PACKED the last time I was there so I'm going to stay away from it. Thank you for your suggestions. It is such a hassle to change reservations but I will trust fellow PFers and change my reservation to a resort I have already stayed at. I think we will try the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My friends have stayed there and showed us pictures of giraffes they could see from their balcony. That would be amazing!

You are very welcome! Let us know what you end up doing and which resort you get. ;)

Florida resident and annual Disney passholder here.

You should definately check out the forum on disboards.com - everything you could possibly want to know about Disney trip planning and more.

Have fun!

Thanks CiCi!

I really like the site. Especially all the pictures :smile:

Cannot wait for my trip! It's been too long since we last went to the 'World'.

BTW, to everyone who suggested I switch resorts thanks! I already contacted the Poly and they were very willing to cancel the reservations. Probably not too happy but they still had a good attitude. We are now staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I will post pictures when I get back!

DH thinks I'm a little crazy because I am so excited. I can't help it! Haven't been to 'The World' for 3 years! I love that place :smile:

Anyone who needs a good pair of comfy sandals to wear to amusement parks like Disney should try Nike Celso Thong plus Sandals. They come in really cute colors and they are really cheap. I got mine for $20 online.

I've just come back from there a few weeks ago! You'll have an amazing time!

What kinds of clothes should I pack more of?
Skirts/dresses/shorts.. pack the bare minimal of trousers/jeans.. I found it too hot to wear trousers even in the evening!

Any special beauty regimens you use due to the humid weather while traveling to FL?
Wear the bare minimal of makeup, it just MELTS off your face, gross. If you wear eyeshadow get Urband Decays primer potion to put underneath it.. that kept my eyeshadow on all day.. i'd be getting back to the hotel with foundation/mascara/eyeliner etc melted away & perfect eyeshadow i looked so weird LOL.
Here my hair NEVER frizzes.. in florida it frizzed like no other haha I just wore my hair curly CONSTANTLY

Favorite restaurants in Disneyworld?
The bakery in Magic Kingdom is amazing.. it's on the main street and they wear minty green satinish costumes if I remember correctly

What are the best types of comfortable shoes to wear? Please no Crocs! :yucky:
Haviana flipflopss!! Comfiest flip flops EVER!

RainForest Cafe was excellent! Both my DH and I loved it! It's in Downtown Disney. However, we were not impressed at all with PlanetHollywood, also in DTWN Disney. Also in DTWN DIsney is a Ghiradelli ice cream!! You must go have a sundae!!!

I read about this woman who got a custom menu made for her DH at the Coral Reef Restaurant. She also hired one of the divers to swim by their table during their dinner with a sign saying "I love you, ___! Love, ____."
Isn't that cute? That would be an amazing present for your SO wouldn't it? :smile:

I went in the August of '05! Crazy for choosing that time I know! It was really hot but you get used to it after a while. They sell fans that squirt water, I think it would be worth the investment. As someone mentioned earlier, bring shoes that are waterproof (made specifically for beaches/pools) because the concrete gets really hot for the water parks if you're barefoot. I had to deal with that one, it was horrible nearly burning my feet trying to jump from shaded/water spots to the next.

Don't know if you're into rollercoasters (I am but I'm kinda chicken too) but I loved the Aerosmith ride. I don't know if its still there..but it was fun! Too short though, but try to check it out. Tower of Terror was fun too (again don't know if its still there). You probably know this but you should get the fast passes whenever possible to avoid the lines. Have fun!

Very, very hot! Very casual wear. We like Magic Kingdoms Crystal Palace (Buffet) to eat. There are the winnie the pooh characters and @ Epcot we eat at the Rose (?) @ u.k. We also like downtown disney where there are a few restaurants. As far as beauty, waterproof mascara, sunscreen, lipgloss. Just went there last month and usually go 2-3 x a year.

We just got back from a trip to Disney World. We had a great time.

We've stayed at several of the Disney resorts in the past. I actually liked the Polynesian Resort, even though it is one of the older resorts. I'm sure you will be happy at the Wilderness Lodge.

When we were there I wore gym shoes one day. They were broken in and everything, but they killed my feet by the end of the day. I switched to flip flops and had no problem the rest of the trip.

I always wear makeup. The only problem is the shine you will get from the heat and humidity. I purchased a product called Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets. I highly recommend them. You just blot them on your face and the shine is gone. I got them at a drugstore.

For dinner, I highly recommend the Brown Derby at MGM. They are pretty expensive, but worth every penny. When you call for reservations, ask for the Fantasmic package. They will give you a paper at the restaurant with up front seating for the show that night.

In Epcot, our favorite restaurants are the Coral Reef for seafood and San Angel Inn for Mexican food.

Have a great time. I'm excited for you.

Have a great trip! We go to Disney every Feb. and we love it.

I suggest that you don't miss the comedy show at Pleasure Island, it is improv, so it changes every show.

We used a meal plan in Feb., not sure if they offer it in summer, but we saved a bundle. Our favorite meals were at: Ohana, Victoria & Alberts and Boma. Make dinner reservations!!!!

We did not stay at Wilderness Lodge, but we ate at the Whispering Canyon Cafe' and the kids loved it.

Don't forget to take a backpack.