Cuff or bracelet?

• I prefer the cuff

• I prefer the bracelet

Results are only viewable after voting.

anez

B-& until the sales!
O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
(Mods, if you want to integrate/delete my other thread, please feel free to do so. I didn't know how to post a poll on the original thread-- but would like to include one, if that's all right. Apologies for the confusion.)

I'm usually to be found on the Hermes forum, but I need a non-Hermes opinion this time around, so I thought I would solicit some advice from the good citizens of TPF's jewellery quarter. ;D

I am hoping to get a LOVE bracelet (maybe two if I'm feeling naughty) later in the year, and I can't decide between the two styles. I suppose I could get one of each, but I might end up purchasing only one (depending on what I do with watches) and even if I did get two, it seems to make sense to get two of the style that works best for me. Unfortunately, I haven't quite figured that out yet, so I thought I'd ask for some help!

Do you prefer the closed (classic style) or cuff (no screw, with a gap to insert your wrist) version of the LOVE bracelet? Does anyone have both?

I'm drawn to the cuff because of the convenience and lower price, as well as the new screw issue I've seen referenced on here, but most people seem to prefer (or at least have) the closed style. What makes you prefer the closed style, if you do? What do you like about the cuff, if you prefer it? Do those of you who have the bracelet find it irritating to wear 24/7 and when typing etc.?

Any and all information and opinions welcomed. :heart:

I prefer the bracelet. I love that it's a 24/7 piece. Put it on and no worries! As far as the new screw system, I haven't had any trouble at all. There's tons of discussion in the Love thread about bracelet versus cuff. You should read through it!

I have been debating over the cuff and bangle and after doing some research here about how the new screw system has been defective, I will be buying the cuff. I also do not like to wear jewelry 24/7 and my occupation does not permit me to do so anyway. So I hope to get to a boutique at the end of the month (none in my state :sad:) to try it on and I hope I LOVE it lol!

I have been debating over the cuff and bangle and after doing some research here about how the new screw system has been defective, I will be buying the cuff. I also do not like to wear jewelry 24/7 and my occupation does not permit me to do so anyway. So I hope to get to a boutique at the end of the month (none in my state :sad:) to try it on and I hope I LOVE it lol!

I tried both styles on today and found that while I had a little trouble getting the cuff on, once it was on, it was very comfortable. Obviously I couldn't really try them out in the store the way I would if they were my own, but they both seemed pretty comfortable to me at the time, and I loved both of them...

If your job doesn't allow for constant jewellery, I think the cuff is definitely the better option for you... And maybe the same holds true of myself, too! It's just that I see everyone wearing the bracelet more than the cuff, so I was wondering if there was something better about it which I'd been overlooking in my decision making process.

I have and love the bangle. To me it is the original iconic peice and that appeals to me. It has a really good weight to it too.

I did get mine a little big so I can wriggle out of it easily if I need to, but I've only done that so far to clean it. I was also lucky enough to get the old screw system just last month because I got mine in the islands where they had stock of both old and new screw systems still.

If I get another one I'd still go with the new screw system over a cuff. I just like it better :smile:

Hi Anez, so glad that you were able to try both of them today!!! I wrote you my long
explanation in your first thread, but I have both. I do prefer the bracelet, love the
fact that it is the true iconic piece and love wearing it all the time. I have the new
screw system, and have not had a problem with it.:biggrin:

I tried both styles on today and found that while I had a little trouble getting the cuff on, once it was on, it was very comfortable. Obviously I couldn't really try them out in the store the way I would if they were my own, but they both seemed pretty comfortable to me at the time, and I loved both of them...

If your job doesn't allow for constant jewellery, I think the cuff is definitely the better option for you... And maybe the same holds true of myself, too! It's just that I see everyone wearing the bracelet more than the cuff, so I was wondering if there was something better about it which I'd been overlooking in my decision making process.

Ooh thanks for the intel! Can't wait to try mine on!:graucho: yeah my sister has been eyeing the bracelet but I cannot see myself or my hubby having to screw it on and off each time I wanted to wear it
which would be weekends. With the cuff it would be easier.

Honestly, the responses here will be the following- the vast majority will opt for the bangle. The majority have the bangle, and will prefer the bangle. Those who cannot wear the same piece of jewelry consistently for personal reasons or work reasons will obviously then opt for the cuff. Others who want the love but not the price of the love bangle may also favor the cuff since it is significantly cheaper. From the vast information on this forum I've gathered the below information while I too am deciding on purchasing from the love collection.

There are also cons to both- the cuff is harder to put on and take off, and the "point" of the love collection is supposed to be a piece you never take off, so some people think that is a violation of the integrity of the collection and "defeats the purpose" by being able to take it off.

the cons to the bangle is, its hard to take off, the new screw system is faulty and causing several members strife, some people find it limiting; for some people it is hard to travel with because it sets off detectors, and their job does not allow them to wear the bracelet.

I'm planning on a second Love and will go for the cuff this time. My bangle and rings are WG, as is most of my jewelry, but I've started mixing metals. I'm going to go for a YG cuff so I can easily take it off when I'm doing only WG.