Love bracelet screws

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. How often do you need to tighten the screws on your love bracelet? I really want one, but the only thing stopping me is hearing that some people lost theirs since it got unscrewed. Do you think the cuff or the thin love is a better option?

Susimoo likes this.
  2. My SA said to tighten daily for 3 weeks (I was told it's crucial that someone else does the tightening) and this "sets" the screws and you shouldn't have any loosening. No issues when I follow this advice and only wear one. My screws don't budge. I did have issues when I wore 2 the banging of them against each other caused the screws to loosen. But I rarely wear 2 anymore.

I check my screws every now and then still but they've never loosened when I only wear the one.

Susimoo and Sunshinesaule like this.
  3. I’ve actually only had to tighten one screw once. It moved ever so slightly. But other than that, my screws haven’t budged since the sales associate put it on me. 3 months ago.

Susimoo and Sunshinesaule like this.
  4. I have never had to tighten my screws on my Love. I wear a JUC, a classic Love with a thin Love on my right arm, no screws tightening ever or a need to use loctite.

Susimoo likes this.
  5. Nope, me neither..DH put mine on my wrist as it was an Xmas gift and I’ve checked but so far so good(knock on wood:amuse:) and I do wear it with at least 2 other H bracelets or combo of Cartier trinity cord & H.
    (I want to add someone mentioned on another thread when doing it yourself tighten one end 1/4 turn then tighten the other screw and then back to tighten the other and finish and it’s not moved since)

Susimoo likes this.
  6. Wearing one Love with another or different bracelets shouldn’t cause the screws to become loose. I have an older model Love with screws that come completely unscrewed when taking the bracelet off. In the thirteen years I’ve worn it, never have I had a problem with the screws. I had a Love that I purchased in
    2012 or 2013. I wore the bracelets together until one evening in 2017 when I realized the newer Love had fallen off. After researching some of the threads on the Cartier forum I now know there’s a design flaw with the newer Loves. When a Cartier sales associate is advising clients to use Loctite to secure the screws or suggesting various ways of tightening the screws there’s a problem. I’m happy for all of you who haven’t had any problems with your bracelets. It’s a sickening feeling to look down and find such an expensive bracelet has fallen off. I was interested in a JUC until Cartier changed the locking mechanism a year or so ago. If something has been reliable for years why change it

Susimoo and Tonimichelle like this.
  7. I don’t want to tempt fate but I purchased an older style love in January and although I check the screws every one to two weeks mine haven’t budged yet at all. With all the stories and advice re new style screws I’m kind of glad I went preowned. Fingers crossed it lasts! It is insured though just in case!

GoldFish8 and Susimoo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice