Love bracelet pain

My first thought when I read your post was carpal tunnel syndrome.

Echoing the same thoughts as everyone else - it’s not worth wearing the LOVE if it’s causing you excruciating pain. Don’t continue to torture yourself because you feel guilty as it was an anniversary gift.

Reactions: Shando333
My first thought when I read your post was carpal tunnel syndrome.

Echoing the same thoughts as everyone else - it’s not worth wearing the LOVE if it’s causing you excruciating pain. Don’t continue to torture yourself because you feel guilty as it was an anniversary gift.
Agree, this sounds like carpal tunnel.

OP, I would worry much less about your Love bracelets and more about your wrist and arm - please focus on that.

You can’t resize a Love; it’s one of the models specifically excluded in Cartier’s resizing policy.

Love bracelets hold their value very well, so they can both be sold, and you can choose (or have your husband choose) a piece at Cartier or elsewhere that you love and that does not physically pain you.

Reactions: ayebc and Yodabest
I went looking for a post that I recalled where the poster had a similar issue and it was yours!

I know this is how Cartier says the bracelet is meant to be worn but, I think any bracelet that presses into your arm is too small.

I agree with selling them and buying something you love. No pun intended. You could cause yourself real harm if you continue to try and wear them.

Agree, this sounds like carpal tunnel.

OP, I would worry much less about your Love bracelets and more about your wrist and arm - please focus on that.

You can’t resize a Love; it’s one of the models specifically excluded in Cartier’s resizing policy.

Love bracelets hold their value very well, so they can both be sold, and you can choose (or have your husband choose) a piece at Cartier or elsewhere that you love and that does not physically pain you.
Not sure what you mean about resizing policy, maybe the terminology is different but basically the same thing, they can send out the bracelet to be re-made however it takes 4-6 months and costs 60% of a new bracelet. I have talked to my SA about it.

• Wow
Reactions: silliex
Not sure what you mean about resizing policy, maybe the terminology is different but basically the same thing, they can send out the bracelet to be re-made however it takes 4-6 months and costs 60% of a new bracelet. I have talked to my SA about it.
I am talking about the standard resizing policy, not the "remaking". From the Cartier website:

Bracelet re-sizing service (up to 2 cm)

The length of your bracelet may be adjusted by increasing or reducing the chain by a maximum of 2 centimeters. This service is not available for paved creations, LOVE bracelets, and bangle-style bracelets.

Reactions: Luvshandbags
I have carpal tunnel from my desk/computer job and I also wear a love bracelet. I have significantly reduced almost all pain by sleeping in a night brace for a weeks. (I no longer need it) The one I got per my doc's recommendation was inexpensive from Amazon. It's sturdy to keep your wrist straight, but the brace is also stretchy and soft. I can wear it comfortably over my Love with no issues. It's a cheap thing to try if you're not fully ready to give up on your Love.

I have carpal tunnel from my desk/computer job and I also wear a love bracelet. I have significantly reduced almost all pain by sleeping in a night brace for a weeks. (I no longer need it) The one I got per my doc's recommendation was inexpensive from Amazon. It's sturdy to keep your wrist straight, but the brace is also stretchy and soft. I can wear it comfortably over my Love with no issues. It's a cheap thing to try if you're not fully ready to give up on your Love.
Thank you for the info and glad your wrist is better with it. I think you meant to direct this to the OP not me.

Reactions: Louboutin329
I can not wear my loves on my right wrist ~ I have carpal tunnel and when I've tried wearing any bracelet for an extended period of time it causes pain. I do wear my watch on my right but there are certain days I can't wear it because it will also cause pain. Most days I can wear bracelets / watch, etc on my right as long as I take them off at night. I can not sleep with anything on my right. Even my cartier cuff will bother my right wrist and it's loose so it's not a tightness issue for me.
It does suck! If you really don't want to sell, try wearing it periodically. I know it's meant to stay on but you shouldn't be in pain so taking it on an off might be worth it for you.

Reactions: Supriya Gaikwad
I've been having what I could only assume is arthritis in the base of my thumb (at the wrist). It's been getting worse for awhile. I figured, eh, I'm getting old even though I'm in my mid-40s. I blamed using a computer mouse all day. Then, I took my love bracelet off last week for an upcoming vacation. And bingo, no more thumb pain!!

I can only think that maybe I use my hand differently when I have my bracelet on since it's a loose fit and I know I try to avoid scratching it all the time. I'm pretty surprised by this discovery.

• Insightful
Reactions: Jktgal
I've been having what I could only assume is arthritis in the base of my thumb (at the wrist). It's been getting worse for awhile. I figured, eh, I'm getting old even though I'm in my mid-40s. I blamed using a computer mouse all day. Then, I took my love bracelet off last week for an upcoming vacation. And bingo, no more thumb pain!!

I can only think that maybe I use my hand differently when I have my bracelet on since it's a loose fit and I know I try to avoid scratching it all the time. I'm pretty surprised by this discovery.

Could you wear it on the other wrist?

Yes, this is I think the reason. Somehow the bracelet changes your posture when you're using it, so not the bracelet itself physically pinching nerves/skin. That's why I can't wear bracelets or watches when I do serious work on the keyboard, because when I do, I tend to lift my hands too high because of the bulkiness of the watch/bracelet, which results in tension on the shoulders and upper arms. A very thin watch on my left hand would work but definitely not on my right (dominant) hand because I use a mouse and I feel it drags if I don't lift my hand. I am on regular maintenance with a chiro so I pay attention towhat activities, postures will cause stiffness on me, or even pain (though I don't have pain anymore as I know which postures trigger it).

• Insightful
Reactions: lulu212121
But you also weren’t using a mouse all day/on the computer/keyboard. Are you on your phone a lot or holding it a certain way?

I had serious postpartum carpel tunnel syndrome and I can relate the pain you’re going through. Every chore (or even a regular jerk of the hand) is excruciating.

I didn’t seek treatment as i figured it would go away eventually which it did. Baby does grow up :P

I’d think most importantly now is to nurse your hand to health. It is just no way to go around it without eliminating the root. It’s ok to let go (or simply remove from your hand and keep sake first) of the bracelet but I totally understand the sentimental value behind it. You may not need to make a decision now. Take one thing at a time. Get well soon.