Love Bracelet - Out of style in 2020?

Would you still buy a love bracelet in 2020?

• yes

Votes: 290 79.0%
  • no

Votes: 77 21.0%

• Total voters
I don't think they will EVER go out of style. They are still going strong since their conception as can be seen from the daily posts on this forum with many debating which one to purchase next.

When I decided I wanted to buy a bracelet, I looked at all the upscale brands and styles. My husband and I looked at the equivalent priced bracelet at Tiffany's, and I am so glad I did not go for it when my husband was all set to purchase it with a very eager SA there to back him up! It just didn't feel substantial or right for me nor did it justify the price. When we finally were able to get to the Cartier store (as I don't have one in my city), I knew right away I made the right decision in waiting.

The Cartier Love is unsurpassed in my opinion in terms of craftsmanship, weight, classic & modern/sleek look, timelessness, comfort (I could go on), and once you purchase one, you will want another because you will LOVE it so much (no pun intended)!

Quite honestly, I hate being trendy or having something that screams label on it, and luckily, the Love really is not very label-ly & rather discreet since it's not screaming Cartier unless of course, you recognize its motif, but because of everything I stated above, I had to have it! There's nothing else quite as well-made and aesthetically pleasing as the Love!

Last edited:
I don't think they will EVER go out of style. They are still going strong since their conception as can be seen from the daily posts on this forum with many debating which one to purchase next.

When I decided I wanted to buy a bracelet, I looked at all the upscale brands and styles. My husband and I looked at the equivalent priced bracelet at Tiffany's, and I am so glad I did not go for it when my husband was all set to purchase it with a very eager SA there to back him up! It just didn't feel substantial or right for me nor did it justify the price. When we finally were able to get to the Cartier store (as I don't have one in my city), I knew right away I made the right decision in waiting.

The Cartier Love is unsurpassed in my opinion in terms of craftsmanship, weight, classic & modern/sleek look, timelessness, comfort (I could go on), and once you purchase one, you will want another because you will LOVE it so much (no pun intended)!

Quite honestly, I hate being trendy or having something that screams label on it, and luckily, the Love really is not very label-ly & rather discreet since it's not screaming Cartier unless of course, you recognize its motif, but because of everything I stated above, I had to have it! There's nothing else quite as well-made and aesthetically pleasing as the Love!

ALL of this. Lol. Very well said

The question of being an obsolete design is not the same as asking if one would purchase it. The design will not go out of style. It has clearly held up against time and trends. Would I buy it in 2020? No. I am tired of the Instagram culture glamorizing it and the counterfeits devaluing it. Once this obsessive focus passes, yes, I would consider it.

The Love is timeless. And of course I would still buy one in 2020. I think it’s easy to feel that the Love is ubiquitous when living in a bubble. To say so, is coming from a place of privilege. I think we often forget on this forum that many people aren’t familiar with what Cartier even is. To dictate one’s purchases by the pervasiveness of others having the same “status symbol”, I find most interesting. On the other hand, I understand the desire to have something exclusive which is why I believe in the power of curating the ultimate stack. Cultivating a signature look can set one apart while still honoring the classic appeal of a timeless piece.

The question of being an obsolete design is not the same as asking if one would purchase it. The design will not go out of style. It has clearly held up against time and trends. Would I buy it in 2020? No. I am tired of the Instagram culture glamorizing it and the counterfeits devaluing it. Once this obsessive focus passes, yes, I would consider it.

I wonder what the effects are from Instagram and who it would influence and who it wouldn't. I am thinking it isn't nearly as far reaching as we might believe, outside a certain age/demographic.

@NY2LA I wouldn't say "basic" - classic, yes (late 60s).

RE: Everywhere
Like @lorihmatthews , the social profiles followed or our environments allow us to see it more. I feel the same way about Birkins, VCA, and luxury goods today. But let's keep in mind that not a lot of people can drop > $8K+ on a bracelet or purse. Alternatively, I have peers in top $ brackets and Cartier etc. is not on their purchase radar.