Love bracelet new screw enhancement

Hi all, just wanted to share this in case anyone comes across this blog in the future.
It has been exactly 7 days since my purchase. I have been given the run around for the past 24 hours to resolve this issue.
Cartier has been giving me a hard time with resolving my issue - return, exchange (for cuff) - I have given them all options and yet no one has come back to me.
The fact that they offer an enhancement "complimentary" speaks to the fact that they know their design is flawed.
Their SAs do not mention this issue or the enhancement when selling so the buyer can make an informed decision before purchasing. It's all about the sell, but not after sale support or being transparent about known and common issues around this bracelet. Sad for a brand as "reputed" as Cartier.
I do love the bracelet but I would never recommend anyone purchase it from them for the amt of grief I have experienced so far with no clear answer yet.

Reactions: Princeofterpine
Hi all, just wanted to share this in case anyone comes across this blog in the future.
It has been exactly 7 days since my purchase. I have been given the run around for the past 24 hours to resolve this issue.
Cartier has been giving me a hard time with resolving my issue - return, exchange (for cuff) - I have given them all options and yet no one has come back to me.
The fact that they offer an enhancement "complimentary" speaks to the fact that they know their design is flawed.
Their SAs do not mention this issue or the enhancement when selling so the buyer can make an informed decision before purchasing. It's all about the sell, but not after sale support or being transparent about known and common issues around this bracelet. Sad for a brand as "reputed" as Cartier.
I do love the bracelet but I would never recommend anyone purchase it from them for the amt of grief I have experienced so far with no clear answer yet.
Did you try to connect with your original salesperson?

Did you try to connect with your original salesperson?
Yep. Basically he has escalated to his manager, who I also spoke to. It sounds like no one has the authority to make a decision and I have to wait for corporate to respond. Pretty ridiculous.
I'm still hoping they will do the right thing and refund or exchange for selling me a defected product!

Yep. Basically he has escalated to his manager, who I also spoke to. It sounds like no one has the authority to make a decision and I have to wait for corporate to respond. Pretty ridiculous.
I'm still hoping they will do the right thing and refund or exchange for selling me a defected product!
I will be surprised if they do not. Just stay polite but firm. Let us know once it’s resolved.

Yes, Cartier *has* some issues, indeed. After 50 years they still have no clue how to get it right. Not sure if I mentioned that here after the replacement mine got lose again and I was offered to check or even replace. Haven't come to a decision yet. Any ideas from your side?

• Wow
Reactions: yenniemc
Yes, Cartier *has* some issues, indeed. After 50 years they still have no clue how to get it right. Not sure if I mentioned that here after the replacement mine got lose again and I was offered to check or even replace. Haven't come to a decision yet. Any ideas from your side?
Hi, I’m in the same position as you. I picked up my love with the ‘enhancement’ on Monday this week but one of the screws has been coming loose every day since. Pretty disappointed. I haven’t contacted Cartier yet but will probably do so today.
Are both of your screws coming loose or is it like mine with just one?

My experience- I have one old screw system- had for 12 years- has never loosened-and I have removed it maybe every other year. Last year I could get it off! I also have a new system- bought it 3 years ago. the first 4 months it continued to loosen and even fell off once. Sent it to my SA and he sent me a new one. This one loosened and I had to continue to tighten- and now 2 years later I haven’t had to tighten it for a year. Some bracelets are worse than others? I would take a replacement- and make sure your insurance covers replacement value as extra protection. I find the new system a bit of a roll with luck and so frustrating- but I am planning on buying a third- I just love the Love so much.
Good luck

My experience- I have one old screw system- had for 12 years- has never loosened-and I have removed it maybe every other year. Last year I could get it off! I also have a new system- bought it 3 years ago. the first 4 months it continued to loosen and even fell off once. Sent it to my SA and he sent me a new one. This one loosened and I had to continue to tighten- and now 2 years later I haven’t had to tighten it for a year. Some bracelets are worse than others? I would take a replacement- and make sure your insurance covers replacement value as extra protection. I find the new system a bit of a roll with luck and so frustrating- but I am planning on buying a third- I just love the Love so much.
Good luck
Interesting… have had mine for 3 years and up until a month ago it was absolutely fine. I only ever had to tighten the screws every few months and even then, they weren’t really loose at all.
Suddenly a month ago, one of the screws in particular kept coming loose, to the point where the bracelet would come completely off on the side of that screw (held in place by the other screw). Seems it’s not just brand new bracelets which have the problem but the problem can suddenly occur in older bracelets (although perhaps not with the old original screw system from years ago).
I’m going to see how mine goes over the next couple of days and just keep tightening it to see if it ‘sets’. I’m hesitant even to exchange it incase I end up with something even worse :annoyed: