Love bracelet new screw enhancement

I wish this too! Does anyone think this will eventually happen? Has anyone tried to special order this?

does anyone know if you buy a new bracelet if this “new” system will be on them? Or would you send a new bracelet back to get it enhanced.

No, this new mechanism will not be on all new bracelets. I purchased mine brand new and only had it offered because I expressed how hesitant I was about engraving and then having screw issues.

Could you please explain what is it exactly they do.
Unfortunately no, I can’t add any information there. I asked if it was a clasp mechanism in addition to the screw and she said yes. This was just a conversation with Cartier after-care services to check in on the status of a repair. She said not all bracelets are eligible for the service, and she would check with the workshop to see if mine was or not. It has been there for almost a year, so I think she felt bad for me. I just wanted to post here because I have been curious about it since this thread was started. I thought I would just add confirmation that it is a real thing.

Are you able to share why? Or what is being repaired? I would not be happy about this at all!
They were “waiting for a part”. With shutdowns due to Covid over the past year, I think it is within reason. The bracelet fell off in my car, so I was not comfortable wearing it again until it was inspected.
When I submitted it for diagnostics they said the threads were worn out and needed to be replaced. It is an item not in current production, (YG sapphire Love), but the screws should be universal.
They initially said it was ready about a week ago, so I paid then, but I never heard back. I called today and CS said they realized they needed another part so it was delayed. This is what made me think of the new clasp that is thread discusses, so I asked about it then and was told it may be possible if my bracelet “qualifies”. The CS rep did not offer any info on how they decide, I doubt she knows.
I will update if they end up putting it in my bracelet or if I find out anything else useful.

Hi guys, I picked up my bracelet with the new screw enhancement but forgot to update you all, so here it is!

The first thing I checked for was if I could visually see any difference and thankfully I can not. My SA confirmed that only a repair person would be able to see any difference. However, there is definitely a difference in how it feels when screwing the bracelet on, there is more grit and texture, more “ridges”, if that makes sense, while turning the screw. It definitely feels more secure. Since wearing it I did feel the tiniest bit of looseness after a couple days and I went ahead and tightened it again, this was to be expected though per my SA. Hopefully this enhancement will prove to be completely secure, only time will tell of course!

Hi guys, I picked up my bracelet with the new screw enhancement but forgot to update you all, so here it is!

The first thing I checked for was if I could visually see any difference and thankfully I can not. My SA confirmed that only a repair person would be able to see any difference. However, there is definitely a difference in how it feels when screwing the bracelet on, there is more grit and texture, more “ridges”, if that makes sense, while turning the screw. It definitely feels more secure. Since wearing it I did feel the tiniest bit of looseness after a couple days and I went ahead and tightened it again, this was to be expected though per my SA. Hopefully this enhancement will prove to be completely secure, only time will tell of course!
Thank you for the update!

They were “waiting for a part”. With shutdowns due to Covid over the past year, I think it is within reason. The bracelet fell off in my car, so I was not comfortable wearing it again until it was inspected.
When I submitted it for diagnostics they said the threads were worn out and needed to be replaced. It is an item not in current production, (YG sapphire Love), but the screws should be universal.
They initially said it was ready about a week ago, so I paid then, but I never heard back. I called today and CS said they realized they needed another part so it was delayed. This is what made me think of the new clasp that is thread discusses, so I asked about it then and was told it may be possible if my bracelet “qualifies”. The CS rep did not offer any info on how they decide, I doubt she knows.
I will update if they end up putting it in my bracelet or if I find out anything else useful.

Thank you for the info! I love that version of the Love bracelet! I bet fixing the threads is a somewhat more complex sort of repair. Probably a lot of precision and time involved. But it sounds like you'll have it back soon, which is wonderful! And it will probably be more beautiful than you remember.

Reactions: nicole0612
Thank you for the info! I love that version of the Love bracelet! I bet fixing the threads is a somewhat more complex sort of repair. Probably a lot of precision and time involved. But it sounds like you'll have it back soon, which is wonderful! And it will probably be more beautiful than you remember.
Thank you so much for the kind encouragement.

No, this new mechanism will not be on all new bracelets. I purchased mine brand new and only had it offered because I expressed how hesitant I was about engraving and then having screw issues.
Hello Nad21, may I please ask how the bracelet is holding up now with the enhancement? I have to send mine in also and wanted to get some insights in this enhancement thing :smile: Thanks in advance!