Love a bag but hate the company?

Leeleerae

Jan 7, 2009
Have you ever loved a bag but either disliked the company that made it or the store that was selling it?

There is a certain bag that I really really like, but I have read so many terrible things about the company the owns the brand (they own many brands), that I'm thinking 2x about purchasing.

Has this ever happened to you?

I don't want to bad mouth! I will tell you that it is owned by one of those huge fashion conglomerates that is known for hostile takeovers and turning the fashion world into more of a business that focuses on high margins.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate big biz, but when it comes to fashion and art I like supporting the wonderful smaller companies out there that have great products and services.

Yes. I'll say where too--Neiman Marcus. They're never nice to me except the lady who runs the Chanel department. She's nice. The rest of them wouldn't come and help me if my hair was on fire. As a result, I've only ever bought Chanel from NM.

I don't want to bad mouth! I will tell you that it is owned by one of those huge fashion conglomerates that is known for hostile takeovers and turning the fashion world into more of a business that focuses on high margins.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate big biz, but when it comes to fashion and art I like supporting the wonderful smaller companies out there that have great products and services.

Yes. I own some of their bags and also their stocks (although not enough to demand special VIP treatment. lol)

Michael Kors... can't STAND him! lol.. On occasion I'll see a bag or shoe I love but will pass because I don't want to put another penny in that awful man's pocket. It's completely ridiculous, but I just can't seem to overcome it.

Yup, I know what you mean - I dislike that particular brand too (we're talking LV right?), but some of their stuff is pretty nice (especially the F/W 2010 collection). I'd never buy it though. And I usually don't buy any bags or the like from brands that seem to have major quality issues, no matter how much I like the particular item.