"lous vuitton" gold name plate on Montorgueil---- do you think is tacky?

"lous vuitton" gold name plate on Montorgueil---- do you think is tacky?

I LOVE the shape of the montorgueil bag... and has a top zipper, etc.
LOVE the shape/ style of the bag... EXCEPT for that Louis vuitton gold name plate.
It looks tacky, no ? It reminds me of those ghetto fab necklace with your name in cursive--- like the Carrie Necklace on STC.
you know?

Anyone else not like this gold plate??

I hate the gold plate. I hated my galliera because of that awful plate, and I never carry eva..I also think it's because of the plate. I actually use the eva strap on my pochette accessories! lol

I think the Monty name plates are not bad/ somewhat pretty. It's the large Inventeur plates such as on the Galliera, Thames etc.. that I don't like at all :sad: There is a smaller one on the Milla which I think is ok, because of the smaller size. I kept that bag, but my Eva's I let go. The Monty is a great bag though! The GM was a little big for me, and the small version too little. I WISH LV would come out with Galliera-style bags with no plate. I would kill for a Delightful MM type bag in azur :smile:

It's the exact same plate that's on the mono Eva, isn't it? Same script and everything. Is it commonly disliked on the eva too? :shrugs: (I do realize the damier Evas have the larger plate, while mono has the smaller.)

(Actually, funny timing .... family and I were at an arts performance this afternoon, and I had mono Eva with that same plate. Hubby was looking through the program to see former professors of ours in the area, who had made contributions to this arts center. Hubby humorously commented that for a $1500 donation, we get a nameplate on one of the seats. I replied, "I have a nameplate right here (lifting eva), and I prefer this one." ;)

I think it adds to the "Retro" feel of the bag, and quite like it. To me, it's not over-the-top.

Re: retro ..... I was under the impression that it was the "old-style" script the company used to use. :shrugs: Nostalgia and all that. Is that correct? Or am I remembering that wrong?

:roflmfao::lol:
It's the exact same plate that's on the mono Eva, isn't it? Same script and everything. Is it disliked on the eva too? :idk:

(Actually, funny timing .... family and I were at an arts performance this afternoon, and I had mono Eva with that same plate. Hubby was looking through the program to see former professors of ours in the area, who had made contributions to this arts center. Hubby humorously commented that for a $1500 donation, we get a nameplate on one of the seats. I replied, "I have a nameplate right here (lifting eva), and I prefer this one." ;)

LOL!

Sorry Momtok! I over "smilied" you. I thought what you wrote was funny and I couldn't find the right smiley. Oh, I'm such a dork!

Over 'smilied'? :lol: (I must have missed something.)

Doesn't make anyone a dork though, I promise. (Nine times out of ten I can't find the smiley I want either. I sit here running text searches on the smiley list.) :flowers: :biggrin:

Over 'smilied'? :lol: (I must have missed something.)

Doesn't make anyone a dork though, I promise. (Nine times out of ten I can't find the smiley I want either. I sit here running text searches on the smiley list.) :flowers: :biggrin:

The extra smilies were at the top of the quote. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who struggles with smilies! I guess I need to practice.:P

I like the nameplate on Monty. I also like the nameplate on Galliera. They aren't tacky or cheap looking IMO, and I don't think they are over the top either. But then again, I have always been mysteriously attracted to shiny objects, so I may be biased ;)

Is the Monty's name plate the same as the one on the Bellevue? I think that's okay. I held off on Galliera no matter how much I liked the shape, because of the (in my opinion) huge plate (which in addition to the rings were just way too much bling/gold for me).

i think its ok... but sometimes its a bit too in your face sort of thing.... like its already in monogram, its already screaming LOUIS VUITTON, to put it on top the metal tag thing.... its just full on screaming LOUIS VUITTON!!!! IMO its just too out there and people look at you and stare at you and then they will start talking about you saying that you are such a show off etc, etc.... thats my opinion....