LouLou wallet-concerned about lambskin

1. Hi everyone! I'm looking to purchase my first Saint Laurent SLG and I've fallen in love with the LouLou small v-flap wallet. I was bummed to learn that while the LouLou bags use calfskin leather, turns out the wallets in the line use lambskin. Would it be a big mistake to buy this? I don't want my wallet to be easily scratched or wrinkled. Anyone have experience with a Saint Laurent lambskin SLG? Should I go for the grained calfskin leather instead? For reference, here is the LouLou wallet:
    YSL wallet.jpg

2. Wow thanks for posting this I would have assumed they used Calfskin throughout the whole LouLou collection. It’s extremely beautiful still, do you know if it’s treated/coated lambskin? Then it might hold up better. I think the YSL lambskin quality would be like any other brand such as Chanel. It definitely will be soft and more prone to scratches than calfskin. A lot of people like when their wallets to show character through softening, scratching and patina. However I think the black will hold up quiet well. But if you like your wallet to look new always I definitely suggest you get calfskin or grained leather. :smile:

3. I wouldn’t be afraid of ysl lambskin in black, it’s definitely more durable than miu miu...
    For reference I have chanel lambskin wallet and not in black, which many people think is more delicate than ysl

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice