Loulou Backpack

Jan 23, 2013
Does anyone have experience or knowledge with the large loulou backpack? I’m thinking of putting an offer in on one to use as my everyday baby bag. It’s discontinued and I’m hoping it’s not because it isn’t good quality etc. thanks in advance!

Does anyone have experience or knowledge with the large loulou backpack? I’m thinking of putting an offer in on one to use as my everyday baby bag. It’s discontinued and I’m hoping it’s not because it isn’t good quality etc. thanks in advance!
Are you sure you want a luxury backpack for a baby bag? I will use a luxury bag and throw in and some diaper essentials if it's a quick thing where I likely won't need to change my toddler. My baby bag for longer outings, I have gotten crumbs all over, put poopy diapers in it (in doggy bag hopefully if I packed one), spilled juice in and blegh have had to put it on the floor in bathrooms. The thought of putting a luxury leather bag (even if I'm using it for a baby bag) especially with no feet on a public bathroom floor is just icky to me. (So many bathrooms don't have hooks for bags or hooks by the changing stations which is super annoying.) I think it would be better to have a cheaper light weight backpack and save the money towards one of your dream bags--unless you the loulou backpack is one of your dream bags.

Are you sure you want a luxury backpack for a baby bag? I will use a luxury bag and throw in and some diaper essentials if it's a quick thing where I likely won't need to change my toddler. My baby bag for longer outings, I have gotten crumbs all over, put poopy diapers in it (in doggy bag hopefully if I packed one), spilled juice in and blegh have had to put it on the floor in bathrooms. The thought of putting a luxury leather bag (even if I'm using it for a baby bag) especially with no feet on a public bathroom floor is just icky to me. (So many bathrooms don't have hooks for bags or hooks by the changing stations which is super annoying.) I think it would be better to have a cheaper light weight backpack and save the money towards one of your dream bags--unless you the loulou backpack is one of your dream bags.
Hmmm good points - this is baby #3 for me and I think I’m just tired of diaper bags since I’m a bag lover :sad: I never get to use my cute bags lol. I had my kids all 2 years apart so I’ve been in the baby stage for a longgggg time haha. I’m not dying for the loulou backpack. I’d much rather the medium Niki as a day to day mom bag but the backpack is easier to maneuver in those situations you named and park etc. Come to think of it… I prob won’t be leaving the house much anyway - newborn, 2 year old and 4 year old. That loulou backpack would be next to me for curbside grocery pickups, doctor appointments, friends houses and park outings. Don’t think I’ll be braving anywhere else But seriously, thank you for your reply. I will need to think about this longer.

Reactions: HavPlenty
Hmmm good points - this is baby #3 for me and I think I’m just tired of diaper bags since I’m a bag lover :sad: I never get to use my cute bags lol. I had my kids all 2 years apart so I’ve been in the baby stage for a longgggg time haha. I’m not dying for the loulou backpack. I’d much rather the medium Niki as a day to day mom bag but the backpack is easier to maneuver in those situations you named and park etc. Come to think of it… I prob won’t be leaving the house much anyway - newborn, 2 year old and 4 year old. That loulou backpack would be next to me for curbside grocery pickups, doctor appointments, friends houses and park outings. Don’t think I’ll be braving anywhere else But seriously, thank you for your reply. I will need to think about this longer.
OMG forget the backpack, you need a nap! You're out numbered by often seemingly unreasonable beings with endless energy! You must be exhausted! Happy and super blessed, but exhausted! I have a 2 year old and I am struggling at times!
Maybe you can find a diaper bag or backpack that sparks some joy? Personally I think the Lesportsac backpacks that you can find on ebay with Miffy or Totoro are super cute. I don't have one of those but have considered getting one bc I my Amazon diaper bag is a bit boxy. But since I don't use it a ton it's probably not worth getting a replacement.

• Haha
Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys
OMG forget the backpack, you need a nap! You're out numbered by often seemingly unreasonable beings with endless energy! You must be exhausted! Happy and super blessed, but exhausted! I have a 2 year old and I am struggling at times!
Maybe you can find a diaper bag or backpack that sparks some joy? Personally I think the Lesportsac backpacks that you can find on ebay with Miffy or Totoro are super cute. I don't have one of those but have considered getting one bc I my Amazon diaper bag is a bit boxy. But since I don't use it a ton it's probably not worth getting a replacement.
Hahahaha omg I laughed out loud! Yes a nap is priceless. Very blessed but very tired. You’re right that there are other options. I think I will only get this backpack if the seller accepts my lower offer bc then it’s a good deal. I would get use out of it for 2-3 years and then either resell or keep it for travel. I avoid going out for all-day trips. If I do that I usually have a small crossbody for me and the traditional diaper bag with the baby things. I also have spare clothes, diapers and wipes in car and my boys like having their own cute little backpacks with a few toys/snacks. I don’t carry a ton on me day to day. I even do diaper changes in the car sometimes bc the public ones are so nasty. Lol. I think there isn’t a wrong choice and its preference. Let’s see what the seller comes back with. I’ll let you know! :smile:. Have a great day fellow bag lover and mama!

Reactions: cathavenicethings