Books & Music Loukpeach was the inspiration for a book!

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007

Attachments

• Kirstin Chen’s new novel explores the model minority myth through a counterfeit handbag scheme...pdf
    211.8 KB · Views: 20
What I don't get is, her scheme only works if these store allowed her to make copious numbers of returns. I worry if I return more than 2-3 things. What store lets you return hundreds of thousands of dollars??

What I don't get is, her scheme only works if these store allowed her to make copious numbers of returns. I worry if I return more than 2-3 things. What store lets you return hundreds of thousands of dollars??
My understanding is the scheme was fairly elaborate, with multiple names on cards, traveling to different stores, using other people to make the return, etc.

Reactions: caannie
I also think stores tend to be more lenient with online purchases since the buyers often have to see, feel and verify that items will work for them.

Millions of dollars worth, as Loukpeach did? Not sure, in theory, stores with liberal policies would probably allow a lot more returns of items that haven't been purchased directly from the B&M store.

Reactions: caannie
I read this - wasn't very good. Kept waiting for it to get better, but the structure is pretty flawed and makes the main character really unlikable. If you end up reading it you will know what I mean.
And no, not enough bag dishing to make it worth it, either :lol:

Reactions: rutabaga
Currently reading:-

Stephen King: IT
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
Ruth Hamilton: The Bell House
The Dream Sellers
Miss Honoria West
Philippa Gregory - The Queen’s Fool
Betty Smith - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

I read this - wasn't very good. Kept waiting for it to get better, but the structure is pretty flawed and makes the main character really unlikable. If you end up reading it you will know what I mean.
And no, not enough bag dishing to make it worth it, either :lol:
Agreed. And the ending was too nice and neat. I like how they mentioned the “online forums” several times, though!